Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2020, 11:54 AM   #1
drjjj
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5757
Getting OEM recliners out the door

2007 3400RL. Our OEM recliners have finally "died" and we are going to replace with Lazboy theater seating. My concern is: will they need to be taken apart to get them out of the trailer door? Anyone done this? Any advice on how to take them apart and/or get them out the door with minimal effort would be greatly appreciated.

drjjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 12:07 PM   #2
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
I replaced my recliners and was able to get them out in one piece. They are not considered large recliners and I was able to go out with the back of the recliner first on it's side. The recliners you replace could very well be in a box so you would have to put them together which takes all of 2 minutes each. The back of recliners usually lift up and back to take off which is very easy and may be what you want to do with the old recliners if you are doing this by yourself.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 01:02 PM   #3
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
They separate from the center console. Then turn it upside down and flip the fabric flap down. You will see the 2 metal arms that hold the back to the bottom. There is a metal pull tab on each. Pull them to release the back from the bottom. Slide the back off.
We just replaced both of ours (warranty). Lippert shipped us Thomas Payne. Has a much better finish than the original ones. These also have heat, massage and night lighting. One thing they could have added to the controls is a lock out function. When you are taking a nap and the dog lays her chin on the controls, no telling what will happen. Lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200131_130500.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	5580  
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote