Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2008, 02:20 PM   #1
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
33,000 FEMA Tailers

We're in Hope, Arkansas. Went up to Murfreeboro today to hunt for some diamonds, but alas, didn't find any.

On the way back, I pulled into the Hope Municipal Airport grounds. Goto http://maps.google.com and type in Hope Municipal Airport and then select Satellite. While it is an old photo, just look at the number of trailers!

The lady security guard was quite pleasant and when she asked what I needed, I exclaimed that "I haven't seen so many fricking trailers in my life." She laughed and said no pictures on property, but if I were to back up to the road, I could take all the pictures I wanted. I asked her how many trailers were on property and she estimated 33,000 - that's with days and days of shipping trailers to south Texas!

FEMA stores them here, refurbishes/repairs them, and then sends them where they are needed.

I took a couple of pictures, but can't get them uploaded at the moment due to our slow connection.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote