Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2005, 02:58 AM   #1
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Bathroom mirror?????

Has anyone removed the big mirror from the wall in the bathroom of the 3475? If so, what happens to the wallpaper.? I requested no mirror when we ordered it but I have a feeling it will be glued on when ours arrives. I can't think of a worse place for a mirror and we want to put a shelf there for all the light houses we have collected but we don't want to repaper. Thanks for any help.

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 03:01 AM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
adelmoll,

You know old memories, but I think I remember that fla native might have done this on her first unit?? might try doing a search here at MOC, or contact her by PM.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 02:01 AM   #3
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Ah! Yes! The memory of the mirrors. You are right, Carol, it was me!

You can be sure if it arrives with the mirror it will be glued on. I hated the mirrors in my previous unit, especially the one in the water closet. So I set out to get it off the wall. I bought all kinds of products that were supposed to dissolve glue and nothing worked. Then I lucked out with a man staying in the park who had a chemical company. He brought over a product called Orange All made by a company called Apollo in GA. Spraying this product down behind the mirror. over a period of time (hours) did the job. It did not damage the wallpaper at all.

I have not found a place to buy it locally, but I love this stuff. It is the best degreaser and adhesive remover I have ever used.

Of course when I ordered my new Montana and requested the mirrors be left out, Keystone honored my request, so you may not have to worry about it. If you do here's the info from the can on the company. Phone# 770-433-0210 Web: www.apolloind.com

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 02:20 AM   #4
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Thank you so much Fla Native. I hope I'm as lucky with my Keystone request as you were but it's nice to know that there is something out there. Seem to me that I have seen his demo'd at a home show years ago. Don't know if it's the same thing but I will find some.
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 02:30 AM   #5
hodag
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #150
we have the 3295 unit and one of the first things judy did was work on getting rid of the mirror in bathroom. she found a picture of a seascape framed like a window. after mounting the picture on or over mirror she found some sheartype curtains to add. so it's like looking out a window. looks pretty nice.
hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 09:38 AM   #6
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Well guys our mirrow is coming down too. Luckily, ours is not glued, but has regular screw type clips around the edges. The wife has a wall paper vinyard scene that will replace the mirror. Of course, it has to match the new wall paper that she is going to put up too. Keep in mind, the unit is an 05, we have made four trips, and already wall papering! Guess I just as well go get the glue and get started
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 11:53 PM   #7
smc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3125
At the market here in Yuma, and at other flea markets, they have vinyl decals with the look of etched glass. Never thought of putting them on the bathroom mirror, but have one one the back window. When you are in a park with your back window facing another RV's back window, they give you a sense of privacy. You can reuse them forever. They come in all kinds of pictures, and sizes. Their email address is staticclingdecal@aol.com Phone 919 602-7836. Address PO Box 56, Newport, NC, 28570. Just picked up some for my daughters!
smc is offline   Reply With Quote