Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2010, 02:45 PM   #1
rak
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5481
RV Show in Kansas City

We went to the RV Show in Kansas City yesterday. Can't say that I saw anything that would make me want to trade my 2006 3500RL. The new units are nice but not nice enought to justify buying a new one. We saw the new front living room unit and would say you would either love it or hate it. I lean towards the latter. Looked at some other brands and they did not impress me either. Therefore I will stay with my 3500RL because it would take me a year to do the modes that DW and I would like.
Have a great day.

rak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:54 PM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
We like our 3500RL, too, even without all the addons (no W/D, no 2nd Fantastic fan, no 2nd A/C). When we bought our Monty, we liked it so much we actually sorta agreed we'd keep it for 10 years and then see where we are. We are approaching year number 4. But that's because we retired into it and it's paid for and we don't see a need to keep upgrading.

In 2006 there were either French doors which is what we have or sliding doors into the living room. I like the look of the French doors, but don't like that I cannot get into the living room when all the slides are retracted. I can get to everything else (except the pantry which is covered by the kit/din slide.

Time will tell to see if we change our minds but until then I'll keep reading about others' plans and changes. The MOC Forum is a good source of this. Take care!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:34 AM   #3
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
rak, we went to the KC show Friday and I echo all your sentiments. Seems to me that the show is somewhat down scaled from previous years. More lower end travel trailers and fifth wheels and less of your higher end units especially motorhomes. That's OK with me as we aren't looking at the higher ends. Was really disapointed there wasn't more RV accessory dealers at the show.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:45 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Well tell you what.. I would really like to have a new 5th wheel and saw plenty that I would like to have including the new Montana models. We are completely happy with our 06 3400 but the improvements since then make it look like a Edsel. however any thing that I would like including the Montana line are to heavy for my 08 F-350 Ford with a tow rating of 15,300K and a GCWR of 23,500 lbs.. So we will stay with the 096 3400 two reasons... Not enough truck and we can't afford a new truck and a new camper..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote