Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2009, 04:13 PM   #1
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Not a campfire, but the cat doesn't care!

Our cat literally hangs around the fire when the temperature drops into the single-digits. He flips onto his back, stretches out, and sleeps for hours at a time. While he loves the fireplace in our Monty, he doesn't have room to stretch out because our two dogs hog the area in front of it.

I always knew campfires were therapeutic, but I didn't know an "indoor campfire" would be just what the kitty needed this time of year!
Carolyn

Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:41 PM   #2
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Great shot! We have three Dachshunds and this year the youngest discovered the heat generated by the fireplace and furnace in the stick house.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:53 AM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Great shot, who said they were "dumb" animals??
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:12 AM   #4
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Anyone who has ever hunted knows that the only "dumb" animal in the woods walks on two feet. I believe that the animals instinctly know when hunting season opens.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:12 AM   #5
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
awww, that's so cute.
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:52 PM   #6
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Cute AND smart. This has to be the smartest cat who's ever owned us. Of course, the dogs don't think he's so cute or smart. They tolerate him at best, and hide from him at worst!

Carolyn
Old 01-01-2010, 03:52 AM   #7
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Cute kitty! Is he a Maine Coon cat? He looks a lot like our Maine Coon cat but a different color.
Maine Coons have a personality like no other breed of cat.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:49 AM   #8
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Dustytuu, I didn't answer all of your question earlier (in a hurry, didn't read carefully!).

We've owned 3 registered Maine Coon cats in the past, but this kitty is from the Humane Society. I know nothing about his background. However, having had Maine Coons, I believe he either is a Maine Coon or has a lot of Maine Coon in him because he makes that "trilling" noise that Maine Coons make rather than purring or meowing gently. He has a lot of the same personality of our former Maine Coons, too.

I love Maine Coons and would have bought them again after we moved up here except that I saw a Human Society flyer posted with this cat's photo and decided to adopt rather than buy this time around. Sweetie-Boy is a great, trouble-free cat who will be traveling with us when we hit the road this summer (along with his two sisters, Australian shepherds, also adopted from the Humane Society).

Carolyn