Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2024, 06:10 AM   #21
Pburger

M.O.C. #33953
I have same mode 2024

The only time I had a problem was my first drive as I was rushing to get to the park before dark. They hadn’t put in the knob to hold the fridge closed. The shelves moved around a bit and a door bin fell off when I opened the door Plus the microwave tray fell out and broke. I also use plastic bins for drinks and small things on the frig shelves. I think like the magnet closures on the cabinets. They aren’t a problem. I cheat and use paper plates as it’s only me and I boondock a lot so I save the water washing dishes.
I have an air hitch for my trailer and absolutely love it. It really smoothes out the ride and I don’t seem to have any problems like you do. I swear by the air hitch.

Pburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 06:35 AM   #22
jkxtreme
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #33751
What brand of air hitch do you have
jkxtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 06:45 AM   #23
Pburger

M.O.C. #33953
Air safe. It wasn’t cheap is the only problem but smoothes the ride for truck and trailer.
Lloyd Stegemann
East Coast Partners Grp
AIR SAFE Hitch Sales
Island Park, NY 11558
407-973-2980
866-448-2475
Pburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 08:13 AM   #24
daboom11
Established Member

M.O.C. #33894
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Traveler View Post
Historically, rear kitchen models have a lot of breakage.

From the damage prospective, best to put the kitchen over the axles.
We have 2023 3231 CK and we have left a vase on the counter or table and it was in the same spot 400 miles later. Center Kitchen over the axels is the only way to go!
Old 05-14-2024, 10:54 AM   #25
Kfinnert
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #32153
We have used the items listed above, but my wife is an expert at managing shifting loads - prior trucker experience I guess.

We have done all of the above - except the closet hangars in the fridge! Tension bars in the fridge, velcro straps to hold cabinets back -thank you Cbrez for the great idea, just ordered a set to try them out, and ensuring there is voids in the cabinets.

One suggestion that we found helpful was to use our bed pillows, couch pillows and beanbag neck pillows to fill the smaller voids. All of these items are used for double duty and seem to work just fine on the California roadways!

Best of luck!
Kfinnert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rough roads, tail whip