Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2020, 11:17 AM   #1
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Anyone here; know someone personally with it?

I'll start by saying I live on the border of MA in So NH. I know one guy from a dart league that has been tested positive. He also contracted Legionaires disease back in the 80's. Another friend his wife is positive and is worried about himself and his two daughters.

At the main workplace (I work at a field site) there have been 4 confirmed and 3 associates sent home to self-quarantine due to close contact. Their offices have been sanitized and disinfected. The machines cost 6K and the sanitizer and disinfectant are additional costs and in short supply chain.
Similar to backpack blowers with different solutions being dispersed.

This is real. I'm unsure if I personally know the people from work since The place is 30 miles away; privacy rules and safety for their family prevail.

Old 04-08-2020, 11:55 AM   #2
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
I am here just north of Seattle in fact just few miles from patient #1..... There seems to some light at the end of the tunnel while our county was averaging 50-70 positive test per day we are now down to under 20 per day and last two days under 10. we sure seen to be well over the hill. The Everett Boeing plant was scheduled to start back up yesterday (somehow they go the state to classify them as Essential). However the people of the state stood up to them forcing Boeing to wait a while longer. The last death was 8 days ago so things looking up.

Seattle the hardest hit is also experiencing a major decline. With western WA being the 1st hit this should hopefully be the road map for the rest of the country. Not out of the woods but can see daylight
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:09 PM   #3
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
A friend and co-worker of 50 years passed last weekend from it. This thing is real.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:21 PM   #4
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
There are 24 cases in the area that is Roanoke County, City and Salem of about 200,000 people. There is only one case in Salem our mailing address. There have been 75 deaths in Va. almost half have been in one nursing home in the eastern part of the state.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:41 PM   #5
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
There are 24 cases in the area that is Roanoke County, City and Salem of about 200,000 people. There is only one case in Salem our mailing address. There have been 75 deaths in Va. almost half have been in one nursing home in the eastern part of the state.
Lynwood
Nursing homes as well as veteran homes are prone to be contagious. Just simply due to the fact. When they are built with central heating and cooling. Anything airborne gets dispersed through the entire facility.

General news about nursing homes: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=nursing+ho...v108-1&ia=news

A local nursing home and the effects:
https://www.masslive.com/coronavirus...nal-guard.html
Old 04-08-2020, 01:54 PM   #6
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl n Susan View Post
A friend and co-worker of 50 years passed last weekend from it. This thing is real.
Carl and Susan,

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. As well as their family and extended famlies. I wish the best of health to you both and those around you.
Stay Safe and be well.