Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2021, 03:30 PM   #61
T0DD
Established Member

M.O.C. #27652
Quote:
Originally Posted by randdcran View Post
Wow, these stories are becoming too common and scary.

The dealer/service center finally received the fresh water tank to replace in my Montana. We have an appt. this Thursday to have it replaced.

Now for the latest issue. I went out to get the 5th wheel to get it ready to role on Thursday, it is parked in our RV garage with the slides out. I tried to get the slides to go in, but they would just start and then stop. That's when I noticed the batteries were low. Hmm, this has been plugged into shore power. Now noticed I don't have any shore power.

I checked the breakers in the RV garage and in the 5th wheel and they all look ok.

I had noticed that the cover to the transfer switch in the basement had fallen off and was laying down under the transfer switch. Not sure how this happened, but I noticed it when the basement panel was opened up for the service guys to check for the water leak.

I kicked on the generator and had power to the rig from the generator. I turned off the generator and grabbed my meter. I have both legs of power from shore power and neutral at the input of the transfer switch, but the contact isn't pulling to supply 220 to the output of the transfer switch.

After researching issues like this and finding a troubleshooting youtube video from the manufacturer of the transfer switch, I pushed on the transfer switch manual button and had power to the rig. So, something is broken in the relay that pulls the transfer switch for shore power.

I contacted the dealer/service for my appt. Thursday and I'm hoping they have the part.

Just another issue for a 1 year old Luxury 5th wheel that should not have all these problems, double ugh!! Haven't been able to use this fancy 5th wheel for almost 4 months now.
On my first Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) when I would plug into shore power, only half of my coach would power up. When you take the cover off the ATS, there is a plunger in the middle of the ATS. When you connect to shore power, that plunger, plunges into the ATS and this completes the power to the coach. Mine would only plunge in a little bit, just enough to power half of the coach. If I used a screwdriver, I could push on the plastic plunger and it would power up the rest of the coach. This is how I camped my first two times out, it's not convenient in any way shape or form.

I have questioned every second of ownership of my Keystone Montana 3120RL Legacy. If I could go back in time, I would have never purchased this coach.

T0DD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 04:53 PM   #62
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
The ATS has been an issue for the last year. There are lots of Threads about it. Get it replaced under warranty before it expires.

Carl n Susan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 04:59 PM   #63
T0DD
Established Member

M.O.C. #27652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl n Susan View Post
The ATS has been an issue for the last year. There are lots of Threads about it. Get it replaced under warranty before it expires.
I was commenting on my "first" ATS. I had mine replaced under warranty this last summer. I was just providing information or details about it in case anyone ran into anything similar.
T0DD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor damage, flooring replacement, water leak