Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-03-2021, 10:12 PM   #21
Nighthawk
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10340
LED Strip Lights

I have bought many 5m (16.4') strip lights from "Banggood.com" with decent results and very good prices. They are, of course, Chinese, but they have worked well for me. Most 12V strips are 5m, or 16'-3". I used one of these (white light) to install under my long outside awning and wired into my porch light switch. Easy. It looks terrific. A 2-wire strip will be one colour. A 4-wire strip will be RGB or RGB-W, and will have a controller. The controller has a remote so you can have almost any colour you want and have the colours fade in and out.

I bought several RGB strips (10) for my outside Christmas lights on my (stick built) home, mounted on 20' long aluminum strips that I leave up year round and light them up in whatever colour I want for a specific holiday. Red for Canada Day, for example, Green, Red, and Blue at Christmas (one colour at a time) and Orange for Halloween.

I cut about off 4' of a strip and soldered it to a standard 5m strip to get my 20' length to attach to the aluminum strips. The 20' length is just a bit too long the for power supply (1.5A x 120V) as the last 3-4' of the strip is not quite as bright as the first 10-15'. It might be OK if you wire it directly to a 12V supply such as your porch light.

Another website that has these strips at very reasonable prices is "AliExpress.com", but you need to wait a little for delivery. I just ordered some Meteor LED lights from them and delivery is 35-60 days (coming from China). I don't know the quality of the product from Amazon or ledsuperbright.com. I could be, and likely is, superior to Bangood.com or AliExpress.com, but the cost is so much more.

Just sayin'. This has been my experience and it has worked out very well.

Old 01-04-2021, 05:34 AM   #22
dvines
Established Member

M.O.C. #21453
Make sure the lights you order are waterproof!
2018 Montana High Country 321MK
dvines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 11:36 PM   #23
Gubs
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #27658
Welcome

Welcome to the. forum. You will find lots of helpful advise and friendly people here. Enjoy your new rig and remember....enjoy, but be very careful out there!

Larry & Marilyn Gubbels
2019 F-350 Diesel 4X4, Short Bed, BW 18K slider,
closely followed by a 2020 Montana 3121RL
Gubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 03:40 PM   #24
Gloryba
Established Member

M.O.C. #27828
Montana led/rail

trying to replace lights on awing of camper. Pulled the rail out of track that holds the led lights. The rail is full of adhesive. Tried to put new string of lights in this track. It was a mess and could not finish actually will need to get another strip of lights. Can that be cleaned up? Does a person get a new rail. Need suggestion please.
Gloryba is offline   Reply With Quote