Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2006, 06:53 PM   #1
DCP
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1013
Send a message via AIM to DCP Send a message via MSN to DCP
Dust in the coach when traveling

We are traveling to Alaska and have been getting a lot of dust/dirt on the kitchen tile floor slide. I would think that maybe the slide is not adjusted up tight to the body when in, or comming up from underneath. Any suggestions?

DCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:25 AM   #2
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Dave and Emily ... I too have noticed an inordinate amount of dust and "crud" on the kitchen floor after traveling. This happened even right after getting new seals on the slides. So, I'm thinking maybe it's just dust and crud that gets on the underside of the slide when they're out and gets shaken off as you're going down the road.

Just a theory ...
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 06:27 AM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We've noticed the same. It is probably on the carpet also but not as noticeable. It might not hurt to take the broom to the underneath part of the slide especially if you've been parked a while. We all worry about the top of the slide and don't think of the underneath.
Happy trails..........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:40 AM   #4
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I have noticed many spider webs and stuff that is caught in them under the slides lately. While I bring the slides in every 2 or 3 weeks and cycle them through, they are out for 6 months a year. I have been using the broom trick to remove all the debris from under the slide before I cycle them. Even had to get the hose and sprayer out a time or two.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:12 PM   #5
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
We, too have this problem and would like to know if it is"normal". My poor wife cleans the floor every time we stop, and I know it is annoying her.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 02:14 PM   #6
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
If you’re getting dust in the kitchen area, it very well could be a seal problem. We had the same thing with our 2004 3380. The factory guys fixed it.

We used to be able to see light if we bent over and looked under the stove, along the floor. We’d get muddy water on the kitchen floor after driving through the rain.

If you think it’s from the bottom of the slide, take a look at the bottom before you head out, and see if the black surface is covered with crud that could fall off onto the floor when it’s in and bouncing around on a trip.

I had a couple of photos of the muck on the floor on this PC, but now I can’t find them…That’s the problem with having way too many directories of photos, with several back-ups in other drives and locations, I guess.

But it might get worse than just dust coming in.

Steve

P.S.

Aha! Found said pics! Here's one:

Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote