Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2006, 07:30 AM   #1
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Why didn't I ever think of that?? Carpet cleaning

Someone in the park here is having their carpet cleaned by a company with the van, sorta like Stanley Steamer??

Now, why didn't I ever think of that?

Now, I know what I will do if we ever get to go full timing! HA HA, sell the home carpet machine and hire it done! OHHHH, YEA!!!

I know, a bunch of you probably already do this, but it never even ocurred to me.

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:40 PM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We stayed in a park once that posted in the office the days the carpet cleaning van would be in the park and people could sign up for it. They also had a wash/wax RV guy with a sign up sheet. This is what you call a real full service CG.
Happy trails........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:40 PM   #3
Ontheroad
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #551
We just had ours cleaned for $15 !!!
Included vacuum, scrub, and vacuum.
Looked good.
Steve
Ontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 12:51 PM   #4
MIMF2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3886
When ours came back from Keystone customer service last summer, I took our Hoover steam cleaner thru it just for the grins and giggles. You would not believe the mud that was in the collection tank! And I never realized or would have believed the carpet was that dirty.

So, it will be a once a year project.
MIMF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:35 PM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Take a trip to Alaska if you want to see dirty. I had dirt inside my oven from that trip.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:06 PM   #6
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
oh, I clean mine at home 2 or 3 times each season, with my home machine, but never thought about having it cleaned by a commercial group while out and about on the road. Now I will

Judy, that was Texas dirt that blew into Alaska!
Old 03-23-2006, 02:28 PM   #7
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I won't argue with you on that one, Carol. Actually the 'dirt' in Alaska seems to be more of the crushed rock variety, gray and very fine. It's not the soil type as we know it. Even the beaches are rocks.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:45 PM   #8
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
HAHA, Judy, maybe that is Alaskan dirt all over my Winter Texan Montana then! Maybe it blew INTO Texas from Alaska!! Although I will have to admit, I think this is a little more dark gray to blackish in color.

Ah, well, isn't it wonderful to be ABLE to complain about a bit of dirt?? Means you got to Alaska and we got back to Texas!

With my midwestern allergies all winter, this is like heaven, bring on the wind, bring on the dirt, I can HAVE the windows open cause my allergies are almost non-existant down here. I don't mind cleaning one little bit! It is worth it to breath fresh air!!!!!
Old 03-23-2006, 03:11 PM   #9
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I like that Alaska dirt so much I may need to go back for more some day.

Maybe some of that black stuff is from the burning of the sugar cane fields. You probably don't have that trouble in Michigan. By the way, we're driving through Michigan this summer. Maybe have to check out Tipton.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:00 AM   #10
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Call ahead Judy, at this point we only have 2 trips planned for the summer, 15 days each. Or, email me privately and we can chat about what you just HAVE to see!

Oh, and we did not seem to see the sugar cane results this year, last year at Llano Grande the truck was constantly covered with those little black burnt up leaves. Only saw evidence of sugar cane burning here one time. Surprised me.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:41 AM   #11
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Whenever Monty is at home for the winter(she isn't this year) when the guys come in the spring to clean my carpets I just have them do hers as well. They charge by the sq ft so they don't care. The guy who does mine ALWAYS admires our camper too.
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 12:38 PM   #12
Lstierw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3532
Close to the subject matter. We had a bottle of olive oil fall from the overhead cabinet onto our recliner while traveling. Not actually sure how much spilled but it was alot. Tried Natures Miracle recommended by the man who cleaned our carpet and which is found only in pet stores. Worked so well we bought a big bottle. It is an Enzyme cleaner. Just pour it on, cover with damp towel and walk away for 1/2 hour or so and it will do it's work.....it is truly amazing.....
Lstierw is offline   Reply With Quote