Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2006, 02:55 AM   #1
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Amazing stuff

When we arrived in Yuma last month the Montana was really dirty. MOC member Bill Moll suggested I try Dri Wash. Waterless cleaner. His neighbor was a dealer. Did a little every day (can't work too hard on vacation). Now that we are home and I could really wash it I found out the real benefit of this stuff. The dirt of several thousand miles including snow, slush, road sanding, and desert dust just came off so easy. Now the good news. That caulking that everyone has problems cleaning. Well, with just a light once over with the long handle brush that came clean. I had missed the caulk in several areas and you could really tell the difference. I recommend this product.

rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 03:30 AM   #2
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
I have been wanting to try the stuff but at the last Tampa RV show I bought some Poli-Glow so I will try it first.

Maybe if it does not work out I will try some.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 04:07 AM   #3
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716

Glad you liked it Dick. We sure swear by the product. I'm not sure if it's OK to put our friends address here or not. We do not sell it or make any money on the sale but I don't want to do the wrong thing so someone let me know if it's alright to give Smokey's address out here. I tried their carpet cleaner too and really like that. It has such a nice smell to it and cleans up spots so easy.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 04:45 AM   #4
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
I need to give that a try. The last park my Monty was at there was a big ole Pecan tree there. The poor RV is a mess. The first thing I will do when I get home is give it a good going over.
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 05:22 AM   #5
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
adelmoll,
Feel free to reference the url in your post as a convenience for members that might be interested in whatever it is you're talking about. We just don't want to Forum to become another "ongoing advertisement".

RVWheels MOC Admin
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 06:42 AM   #6
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Thanks RVWheels. For any of you wanting information on the great Dry Wash products you can contact our friend Smokey at
ridgesafe@aol.com or his toll free number 866-899-5167.

He also gives demos all across the country. I know he plans on being at the Escapades in Chico this year.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 07:38 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks for the info.

Tom, I'd like to hear your opinion of Poliglow when you have had a chance to try it. Isn't that the product purported to put the shine back on the nose of a Montana?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:23 AM   #8
pud2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4142
I am a dealer of the dry wash and gaurd and all of the products are great. The reason i became one is i was introduced at camp ground and haven't looked back since. O'yah it is great on windshields too works better than rainx. If anybody is interested i might still have some sample bottles to send.
pud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:30 AM   #9
Montana_2194
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2194
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Thanks for the info.

Tom, I'd like to hear your opinion of Poliglow when you have had a chance to try it. Isn't that the product purported to put the shine back on the nose of a Montana?
Steve,
Do you think these products would do the same for the shine on my 15 year old sloop. It looks OK, but doesn't have that nice shine that it used to.

Jack
Montana_2194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 11:34 AM   #10
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Steve,

I don't know when I will put the Poli-Glow on. They use this stuff on boat fiberglass and it is supposed to last about a year. So I will send you some e-mail after I start using it but I have got a lot things going on right now.

Tom
Old 02-21-2006, 12:58 PM   #11
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
How many of you have Gel Coat? Isn't it much easier to clean? Any cleaning that will have to done on our Montana will be paraphrased in two words: "Hired done". Two bad shoulders don't give me that pleasure of being up on a ladder in the hot sun, applying a couple hours of elbow grease. Just have to have a little bigger budget for "Misc Maintenance Expenses".
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 03:01 PM   #12
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
dsprik

It takes no elbow grease to use Dri Wash. Gentle wiping. And yes We have Gel coat.
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 03:25 PM   #13
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Dick, would it be more work with Dri Wash on a non-gel coat?
Old 02-21-2006, 10:52 PM   #14
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
I swear by this stuff.was at a RV show a few years ago.Their was a booth set -up selling it.I was leary buying because it an`t cheap.But I did and love it.I really have no access to water where I store my Montana.You spary it on and wipe off with a clean terry cloth towel and with another terry cloth towel buff to a shine.It works so well.And a little goes a long way.Other then the roof I have not put a drop of water on my rig and it looks awesome.It doesn`t hurt the decals either.After a long pull we all know how dirty are rigs get and some time with dry&wash will make it look PRETTY again.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:49 AM   #15
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
This is truly a fine product. I used it for several years on my pickups and it would remove the black marks on the aluminum skin of my previous 5th Wheel very well.

The only reason I stopped using it was the guy I bought it from stopped selling it.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 07:28 AM   #16
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jhadley

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Thanks for the info.

Steve,
Do you think these products would do the same for the shine on my 15 year old sloop. It looks OK, but doesn't have that nice shine that it used to.

Jack
Jack, I've never used poliglow but here's the thread that got me interested. It's pricey but if it works I'd be interested:

Poliglow Discussion

Dsprik, we've had fifthwheels without the high gloss including a Montana. This one has high gloss. Yes, it is easier to clean, in my opinion, and holds the shine far longer. When ours was two years old one of our members asked me how much time I spent waxing it. It had never been waxed at that point. It since has been waxed. Once. Last July.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 03:46 PM   #17
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks, Steve. Just talked to the Bill Tea, owner of Town & Country RV. We really spent a lot of time discussing this subject. Looking at the front cap vs the side panels gives a good indication of the difference. I have decided to forgo the hi gloss at this time. The return on investment - for us - for this point in our finances is a fairly easy choice. I believe the cost was an extra $1,800. Weight did not factor into our decision at all. Maybe our next one will have it. Just could not convince myself this time - and I have spent a lot of time going through the hi gloss forums here, so I feel I had enough research behind me. Bill agreed with my decision.

Cheryl and I are having a great time here in Toledo with Rich and Helen. This new 3400RL is beautiful. Mor/Ryde and the new cap w/ mirror and winterizing station are great. Cheryl is ready to go FTing NOW.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:43 PM   #18
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Dave,
Just find a quality wax and have at least 1 good coat put on the coach as soon as possible after you pick it up. Then through out the year use the wash and wax soap to help keep a layer of wax on it. That will help the sides looking good and makes cleaning the dirt off easier. I am going to ask my dealership for a price on having them wash/wax and buff the entire coach including roof cleaning this spring. My shoulders are not going to allow me to wax and buff the coach by hand anymore, guess I will have to cough up the dough to have it done for me.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 01:18 AM   #19
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Sounds good, Dave. Wonder if I can get Goshen to do this before the contract hauler puts it on the road to the dealership. Helen also found a slight problem with the decal application on this new unit. Apparently they are cutting right at the front edge instead of folding it around the corner. The front leading edges then becomes open to wind damage going down the road, as it eventually can lift up that edge.

Ditto on the shoulders, Dave.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:45 AM   #20
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Shoulders,arms,legs, eyes, and brain. They are all going bad.

I will try the dry wash if the PolGlow does not work out. Hope to do it soon.