Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2024, 06:31 AM   #1
Zeke5977

M.O.C. #33824
377 fl

Hi. I'm looking to possibly purchase a new High Country 377FL. Does anyone have any experience with heating or cooling issues, possibly in the bedroom?

Zeke5977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 06:52 AM   #2
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Welcome to the forums! Congrats on your possible future purchase of your Montana 377FL. Those are nice trailers and you'll absolutely love it once you get acclimated to it and throw in a few personal touches and changes.

We have the 375FL which is the fore-runner of 377FL. The difference is the loft was added in the 377FL. In order to accommodate the loft, the rear was designed with a drop frame, making the rear frame lower to the ground. There is a slight difference in the design of the kitchen counter too.

Folks with the 376FL and 377FL don't complain or seem to have issues with heat or AC in the bed room. The bigger complaint is dragging the rear end on dips when driving because of the low clearance. And the bigger concern is dragging the jacks.

The other concern is to make sure there is a secondary escape route from the loft as the escape window is pretty high off the ground for kids to jump out of. (it's something you'll need to have a good plan for, IF you have kids sleeping up there).

I've never drug mine as it has the straight frame on the rear, but even with mine, I drug the jacks. I eventually raised the rear jacks by 2 inches (rebolting them higher) and I've never drug them since.

You'll love that back door. We use the back door more than the front.

We had the dealer install an awning over the back door and lights that matched the front. The buttons for the slide and lights are in the bedroom, near the door. It was the first customized change we had done to the camper. We use the back side as much or more than the front!

You'll enjoy that camper. They are an awesome and unique floor plan. You'll get lots of questions about that back door when you land at different campgrounds .... be prepared for that!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 08:30 AM   #3
Gonefishing
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #33285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke5977 View Post
Hi. I'm looking to possibly purchase a new High Country 377FL. Does anyone have any experience with heating or cooling issues, possibly in the bedroom?
I don’t have the same model as you. Mine is a 3761fl and we don’t have any issues with cooling. Has two ac units one front one rear.
2021 Montana 3761fl pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Gonefishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 08:30 AM   #4
Zeke5977

M.O.C. #33824
377 fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
Welcome to the forums! Congrats on your possible future purchase of your Montana 377FL. Those are nice trailers and you'll absolutely love it once you get acclimated to it and throw in a few personal touches and changes.

We have the 375FL which is the fore-runner of 377FL. The difference is the loft was added in the 377FL. In order to accommodate the loft, the rear was designed with a drop frame, making the rear frame lower to the ground. There is a slight difference in the design of the kitchen counter too.

Folks with the 376FL and 377FL don't complain or seem to have issues with heat or AC in the bed room. The bigger complaint is dragging the rear end on dips when driving because of the low clearance. And the bigger concern is dragging the jacks.

The other concern is to make sure there is a secondary escape route from the loft as the escape window is pretty high off the ground for kids to jump out of. (it's something you'll need to have a good plan for, IF you have kids sleeping up there).

I've never drug mine as it has the straight frame on the rear, but even with mine, I drug the jacks. I eventually raised the rear jacks by 2 inches (rebolting them higher) and I've never drug them since.

You'll love that back door. We use the back door more than the front.

We had the dealer install an awning over the back door and lights that matched the front. The buttons for the slide and lights are in the bedroom, near the door. It was the first customized change we had done to the camper. We use the back side as much or more than the front!

You'll enjoy that camper. They are an awesome and unique floor plan. You'll get lots of questions about that back door when you land at different campgrounds .... be prepared for that!
Thank you for responding. I have heard about the rear dragging possibly. We are travelers, not seasonal and as such we were not sure if this unit is too big for this.
Zeke5977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 10:42 AM   #5
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
I love the floor plan. It's way too long for my comfort levels as a traveler. You're going to be limited to where you can park it. As far as cooling, I'd get the 3rd AC. My 34' struggles to keep my rig at 75 in a 95 degree day. They basically run all day long. It takes several hours to cool down the RV after traveling. Never have a problem in the bedroom at night. I assume you're full hook up? You won't be running your AC's otherwise, unless you're running a generator.
Old 01-29-2024, 10:53 AM   #6
TexasBuckeyes

M.O.C. #27646
We have had our 2021 377FL for several years. Yes, we have heating and cooling issues in the back. I have not done really any customization FYI.

In the summer heat running the A/C the kids in the loft get supercooled while the bedroom has only indirect ambient air so it’s always quite a bit warmer. A fan would help and the door kinda needs to be open.

In the winter we had to run a space heater to keep warm. Same issue really, there is no ventilation in the bedroom.

We do love the trailer. I just have to remind everyone that it’s fancy camping not an apartment.
TexasBuckeyes is offline   Reply With Quote