Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-27-2021, 08:07 AM   #1
andrew selkregg
Established Member

M.O.C. #17136
2015 montana 3610rl kitchen/entertainment center slide room wear bar?

I noticed the long slide out on the street side was slow in operating. Inspection underneath showed what I believe to be a "wear bar" that was pushed out away from the frame for about 2 feet. There are also some tears in the darco material on the bottom of the slide. I think if I jack up the slide slightly, I can reattach the wear bar. However, I have seen some mods including the installation of rollers, that will support the slide and make the movement easier. Does anybody have any experience with this problem?

Andy

ps: Sorry, do not know why but the pictures are all upside down when I preview?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1104.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	274.0 KB
ID:	8341   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1105.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	265.7 KB
ID:	8342   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1106.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	8343   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1127.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	8344   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1128.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	8345  

2007 Ram Megacab 6.7 L diesel, 2015 Montana 3610RL
andrew selkregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 09:30 AM   #2
Arkware
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17723
yeah. we have the same model/year rig and had the same issue. I took it to my dealer to fix. The disconnected the utilities and removed the inside trim and jacked it up to repair.
They replaced the wear bar/rubber flapper. Part of the issue with this repair is the challenge of installing the staples top down into the main floor on the inside edge of the wear bar.

The slide will need to be alligned/adjusted for proper operation.

Hope this helps.

Ron
2015 F350 XLT Crew Dually 20K B&W Companion
Arkware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 09:36 AM   #3
dhuhn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17176
Send a message via MSN to dhuhn
Had this happen a couple years back on my kitchen slide. My dealer had to remove the slide to fix this. The wear bar on mine was attached to the floor with staples. I don’t think you can jack your slide up enough to push it back in. And even if you do it would be hard to reattach to the floor. I was lucky mine was covered under warranty. It’s not a cheap repair. Good luck on getting this fixed.

Dan & Sandy Huhn
2016 Montana 3720 2015 Chevy 3500 SWD Duro Max
Prev 2012 High Country 313RE 2012 Chevy 2500 DMax
dhuhn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:58 AM   #4
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew selkregg View Post

ps: Sorry, do not know why but the pictures are all upside down when I preview?
The reason for this behavior was provided earlier by the software support folks. It is:

Most phones auto rotate the view for the viewer. If you take a pic in landscape orientation the pic will display properly regardless of the way you turn the device. The forum can't do that. Most phones default camera orientation is portrait - folks shoot a pic in the Portrait view and it always looks fine to them - they upload the pic here and it displays in it's default view (on it's side).

The solution for most folks to fix this is to open the image holding the phone in portrait orientation, and resave the image on their device. When they upload it here - it should behave correctly.

As stated, I have found that if I take a pic in Landscape mode, it uploads correctly. If you take the pic in Portrait mode, it uploads rotated. I use a Samsung phone. Your mileage may vary.

I normally upload the phone picture to my PC. Not only to save it in an album, but ensure the rotation is correct for the MOC.

It seems that most of the photo display tools on the PC will attempt to correct a rotated orientation. I use Window Explorer, the View set to big icons, to find pictures. W.E. displays the rotation as it will appear when uploaded to the MOC. But clicking on the pic, depending on the program associated with the JPG. usually rotates it to the proper orientation. Don't ask me why.

Here is a screen shot of a W.E. view of some pics. The second pic from the right (20160719.163810) was taken in Portrait mode but W.E. previews it as Landscape.It does appear correctly when I open it with my default picture viewer. I have to "Rotate" the JPG using a picture editor to change the orientation before uploading to the MOC.

Attachment 6326

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 02:27 PM   #5
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
OP it's unfortunate but Keystone is still using the inferior darco product today on their slide bottoms. I've had all kinds of issues with it. Like some have said to get a proper repair on the wear bar the slide will probably have to be pulled. They need to do a permanent repair on the darco when they do - scrim repair tape is not the answer. The last time mine was pulled for a darco repair was about 4 years ago (since it was under warranty). The quoted me a charge of 1200 to pull the slide and put it back if I recall.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 06:25 PM   #6
andrew selkregg
Established Member

M.O.C. #17136
Thanks everyone for the replies. I have been calling around my area to see what the service people think about the repairs, and it isn't pretty so far. Will investigate further.

Old 09-25-2022, 05:36 PM   #7
Chrisw70

M.O.C. #31723
OP, did you ever get yours fixed? Going through the same issue and just wondering the cost. I'm going to call dealership and price the wear bar. I can fix it myself after the season, but we have 2 more teips planned. Just trying to get through them.
Chrisw70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 06:17 PM   #8
andrew selkregg
Established Member

M.O.C. #17136
Chrisw70,

I did repair mine myself, All I did was jack the slide slightly up and was able to work the bar back into position. I then used additional screws with fender washers to secure the wear bar in place on the vertical surface. I patched the darco, then sprayed the underside of the darco with "Slip plate" graphite lubricant. No problem since.

Old 09-25-2022, 07:23 PM   #9
wed
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8174
If you are close to goshen Indiana the Affinity group can take care of you
2020 3931 FB Legacy
wed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 09:46 PM   #10
Chrisw70

M.O.C. #31723
Andrew Selkregg,

Thanks for the reply. I raised mine and got it back in also. Was thinking of doing exactly what you said for a quick fix. I need 2 more trips this year, then I'm going to remove the slide and replace it with a new wear bar over the winter.

Wed,

What is the Affinity group? I will need to source the new seal and wear bar.
Chrisw70 is offline   Reply With Quote