Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2020, 12:53 PM   #1
Winstonpup18

M.O.C. #24103
Inverter

I’m trying to see if I can figure this out without a trip to the dealer. I have a 2020 3791rd. On a previous trip went to shut everything off and the battery disconnect switch in the front broke when I turned it off. The husband replaced. Went to leave out for the next trip and tried to turn the inverter on and it would blink and beep real quick then shut off. Tried a couple times then said screw it we can make the hour and a half trip and be ok. Went to leave and come home decided to try again and it came on perfectly. It said 13.? (Cant remember exact number) On the inverter But still no power to the fridge. Any ideas on where to start looking? At this point I can’t say for certain if it ever worked correctly always short trips and didn’t pay attention until the disconnect switch broke. It is a Magnum Dimensions TIA

Winstonpup18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 02:49 PM   #2
jetskier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22360
Can you plug anything into the output of the inverter to see if it is outputting 120V there?

If not, check the GFI on the end of the inverter. It may be tripped.

You need to start tracing it from the inverter and work toward the refer.
Old 07-30-2020, 03:44 PM   #3
footz1941
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21057
Should have an automatic transfer switch. When plugged into pedestal power refer runs on 120 volt. If you unplug it will automatically switch to battery power thru the inverter. I had to replace mine Available on Amazon. Do not remember the cost but reasonable
Rex and Patsy
footz1941 is offline   Reply With Quote