Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > TIRES, Montana Tires
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2020, 10:27 AM   #61
214skier
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #26580
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeje View Post
We just had to IS installed 6/17-18. They welded a 2x3" tube to the frame, then a 2x2" tube to that. The then welded the IS on to that. All of that raised our trailer around 2".

It now tows perfectly level and rides like a dream.
This is pretty compelling--- two questions:

1) Is this the suspension?

https://www.morryde.com/products/ind...ension-system/

2) Would you mind sharing what it cost to do the mod?

the overweight to the rear axle has been my prevailing hypothesis--the new tires has helped; however, driving this rig is a very "active" job. So different than the Solitude.

Old 07-24-2020, 12:16 PM   #62
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
beeje will have to give you the price he paid now but i paid about 5500.00 4 years ago for the I.S. and disc brakes. They give a 10% discount for having it done in the winter which starts in Nov. The I.S. matches the rv to the truck so that you are running level. My rv runs level on my truck but may not on another. You should be able to drive at 75mph with 1 finger on the steering wheel with ease even though i don't recommend it. My rig drives just as easy with or without the rv attached. I have yet to find any disadvantage to having the I.S. and disc brakes. This is one mod that's no gimmick. If i were to buy another rv today then my first trip would be to Mor-Ryde in Elkhart Ind. With the right tires and suspension you shouldn't be found on the side of the road even though anything can happen. Safe Travels.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 04:46 PM   #63
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
What Texan said exactly. Currently the 7K is costs $3,900 I believe if you add disc brakes it's closer to 7000. I can also stop this trailer in a hurry
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote