Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2020, 12:10 AM   #1
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
Just got the word.....

Can not believe this but I just got a phone call at 1:35 AM. Yes 20 minutes ago. I am on my way to Darlington Raceway. I am back to work folks and I don't care that they woke me up in the middle of the night. 3 month's with out work was too long. Way way way to long. I hope that we don't have to do this again. This has not been easy for any of us. I am retired but I still like my monthly job's. Make's me feel like I am worth something. And yes I get paid to watch a car race. Only thing not allowed is having a beer or two.

Anyway, I am rambling on and hope that the one's here still waiting to get back to work you do real soon.

So we will be on the road with the new Montana for the first time out tomorrow night. 5 hour run to Darlington from home so that's not a bad run for 1st time out.

Oh, buy the way, if you haven't figured it out yet. Yes it is NASCAR. I love it!

Well need to start packing.....

Charlie

Charlie 3931fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 04:55 AM   #2
JEROME
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22972
Great for You ,we are so proud ,stay safe!! Jerome&Judy
JEROME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 06:26 AM   #3
Slow Hand
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17391
This is great news for you and your family. Also great news for us Nascar fans. I hope you enjoy the race. Will be strange without fans in the seats.
Slow Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 06:31 AM   #4
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Glad to hear this! Great news for everyone! Enjoy that new Montana! We're still in the driveway at home. At least we are sleeping in "it" every night.

Drive safe and enjoy those race cars!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:05 AM   #5
KRSEGUINE

M.O.C. #26251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie 3931fb View Post
Can not believe this but I just got a phone call at 1:35 AM. Yes 20 minutes ago. I am on my way to Darlington Raceway. I am back to work folks and I don't care that they woke me up in the middle of the night. 3 month's with out work was too long. Way way way to long. I hope that we don't have to do this again. This has not been easy for any of us. I am retired but I still like my monthly job's. Make's me feel like I am worth something. And yes I get paid to watch a car race. Only thing not allowed is having a beer or two.

Anyway, I am rambling on and hope that the one's here still waiting to get back to work you do real soon.

So we will be on the road with the new Montana for the first time out tomorrow night. 5 hour run to Darlington from home so that's not a bad run for 1st time out.

Oh, buy the way, if you haven't figured it out yet. Yes it is NASCAR. I love it!

Well need to start packing.....

Charlie
That's Awesome, enjoy ! We love Nascar
KRSEGUINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:19 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
good news.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:30 AM   #7
jimandlaurie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12948
Send a message via AIM to jimandlaurie Send a message via MSN to jimandlaurie Send a message via Yahoo to jimandlaurie
Glad you get back to work. I'm ready for some racin'. I'm a bit envious except for the beer part. Now for my rambling... I've been a car nut all my life , a racing fan, and of course a NASCAR nut since before I can remember. Growing up in Wyoming we only had limited exposure , but my bucket list always had the super speedways on it. No particular order they are Darlington, Daytona , and Talladega.
jimandlaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:57 AM   #8
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I guess we are lucky we grew up in race country when a race was more of a moonshine swap than a race. You had a flavor and I had something else so we backed our cars together and traded. My friend’s father drove liquor for Curtis Turner. Curtis would buy pop and hotdogs for all the kids. Remember when Marty Robbins raced. He always wonted to lead a race so he put 2 four barrels on his car. He led a few laps, pulled into the pits and cut it off. He always had to get back to the Grand o opery so he could close it out. He came to town to perform and a guy was running his mouth. Marty stoped in the middle of a song, pointed at the guy and told him people were there to enjoy the show and said for him to shut up or he would whip his ass. The guy shut up.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 11:40 AM   #9
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
THank you all for the kind words. I could hardly sleep last night. We are packed up and will be leaving at 6 pm tonight. Hope they have the wifi on at the track. Can let you know how it goes.. But we do have hot spot...

Charlie
Old 05-14-2020, 06:41 AM   #10
Slow Hand
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17391
Quote:
THank you all for the kind words. I could hardly sleep last night. We are packed up and will be leaving at 6 pm tonight. Hope they have the wifi on at the track. Can let you know how it goes.. But we do have hot spot...

Charlie
You do know you have to post photos, lots of photos LOL
Old 05-14-2020, 06:46 PM   #11
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Hand View Post
You do know you have to post photos, lots of photos LOL
When I can. When working I do not own the image's, My agent has me set up this weekend with 2 firm's. Getty Image's and Nascar news....

Charlie

PS Testing when well today will be a great race on Sunday....
Old 05-15-2020, 06:34 AM   #12
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Should be interesting - no practice sessions or qualifying and a wonky way to line up and even stranger next week. I'll be watching after the iRacing snoozefests. I listened to Larry Mcreynolds on Sirrius yesterday try to explain the way the lineup would be set and he even sounded confused.
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 06:48 AM   #13
Ahdmeyer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24181
thats great charlie, sounds like a good way to "work" it should be good to get out especially in your new rig. have fun.
al meyer
3931fb
az
Ahdmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 10:30 AM   #14
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
Should be interesting - no practice sessions or qualifying and a wonky way to line up and even stranger next week. I'll be watching after the iRacing snoozefests. I listened to Larry Mcreynolds on Sirrius yesterday try to explain the way the lineup would be set and he even sounded confused.
So am I (Confused). No practice sessions but yet they are letting the car's and driver's TEST. They are still on the track and they are still setting up the car's for the tract. The only thing they are not doing is timing the car's so that how they get away with testing I guess. Also you hear about the revised racing line up, I have it in black and white and I still don't understand it. This is going to be a weird year for NASCAR racing.

Charlie
Old 05-15-2020, 12:33 PM   #15
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
I am happy for you Charlie, working can make a person feel better about themselves. I am really ready to try not working but that is another story. Drive safe and happy roads to you.

Tom Marty
Old 05-15-2020, 01:30 PM   #16
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
So am I (Confused). No practice sessions but yet they are letting the car's and driver's TEST. They are still on the track and they are still setting up the car's for the tract. The only thing they are not doing is timing the car's so that how they get away with testing I guess. Also you hear about the revised racing line up, I have it in black and white and I still don't understand it. This is going to be a weird year for NASCAR racing.

Charlie

Like said, Charlie, Larry Mac sounded confused yesterday. Maybe test is different then practice to NASCAR but the same to the drivers.,

That lineup is by points, owner points and who is a charter team - I think. Then things are changed for Charlotte with inversions in the starting order based on this weeks finish ---- or something like that.

I honestly don't care where a car starts. The good teams and their drivers always make it to the front regardless of where they start and often provide some good racing, assuming they don't run into a back marker.
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 07:50 PM   #17
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
I think I jumped in too fast for this job. This has been the craziest race car meet I have every seen in my life. When we would come to work we had all the soda and water and hot dogs there was to eat or drink. Here this weekend, there is nothing. Everyone had to bring there own stuff. You want to need to talk to someone here even that to can see them you have to use your phone. In the garage's mechanic's only up to 2 in any of the stall's. If I knew this I would have not come to this S***. Glad I am getting paid for this.

Charlie
Old 05-16-2020, 06:43 AM   #18
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
It's a new world out there. And don't forget your mask:-)
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 08:46 AM   #19
Slow Hand
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17391
I am glad to see the guys get back on track but this can't be the new normal. No way teams can compete like this. I can only imagine a pit stop. one guy with tire and air gun in hand. Even the fuel guy can't fuel the car because he wouldn't be 6' from the rear tire.

I am glad you are getting some $$$ I just hope it's enough LOL I bet there are grumblings in the garage. I bet they run through more hand sanitizer than oil.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:51 AM   #20
Chasnracin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12394
Quote:
Glad I am getting paid for this.

Charlie

So what IS your job? Inquiring minds want to know:-)

2013 F350 SRW King Ranch
2011 3400RL
Chasnracin is offline   Reply With Quote