Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2013, 03:10 AM   #21
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=51360

Sue noticed the wear at 300-3500 miles.
Goodyear asked me to stop at a dealer and have them look at the tires, I did so, then Goodyear gave me 4 new ones, I paid for the mounting and balancing. Goodyear agreed that it was abnormal wear.
Some of the wear showed shredding on the worn part of the tire.
All 4 tires are worn inside and out.
Lonnie was nice and drove a couple hundred miles to look at the tires when we were in Tucumcari N.M.
I have the 4 new tires on my rig now, they have about 200 miles on them, changed them out in Cottonwood Arizona.
I don't care to spend the money on a high priced tire and watch the tire wear on both sides in 3000 miles. If the rubber is gone on the edges of the tire, it is more vulnerable to punctures, and when you can buy another tire that does not wear on the edges, I would think that would be the better use of my tire money.
By the way, I did not panic, I contacted Goodyear, and they replaced the tires that they agreed should not wear that way.
I am very happy with their customer service.
Not so much with that tire....
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote