Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2005, 03:26 PM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
It's so great to be back in the midwest!

Man, how I missed these big, nasty storms while outside the midwest. I am so enjoying this reacquainting with the nasty weather.

The local TV stations have not broadcast a single network show in about four hours. There are lots and lots of nasty storms all around us. Well not on all sides but we are in the path to get hit in a couple of hours. There are tornado warnings on the Kansas side, so the stations stay on the air until they become just a "watch.". The weather alert radio has been going off every few minutes. It went off five or six times in a 3 minute span awhile ago! That siren would wake the dead. I got tired of running upstairs to where we keep this radio so just brought it down to the table next to my chair.

Ahhh, midwest weather. Beautiful to watch. Scary to be in. Now they're showing pictures of rain going sideways about 20 miles from here, and coming our way. I guess I'll have to go outside and watch it for awhile.

Naturally today I put out the awning, staked it down, and put on six deflappers. We're somewhat protected from strong winds by the trees on the west so we'll see how this awning holds up. Or maybe I'll bring it in. I think I'll go bring it in now.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote