Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2007, 08:31 AM   #1
5ER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #90
Pulrite with Moride?

Can you mount a moride or any type of air bag pinbox if you have a Pulrite Superglide hitch? I had asked this question at both Moride and Airide sites with out either a reply. I am hoping some MOC members would know. You have a new plate welded to the pinbox for the Pullrite and so you may not be able to modify and add a Moride.

5ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:44 AM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
5er,

If you look on the Superglide website, they now make a plate for the fifth airborne pin box. I think that was the only one, but then again I may have just stopped looking when I found that.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:08 AM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I was told I could use my Superglide with the Big Sky's new Mor/Ryde kingpin. I did not make any calls to verify that information, but I have had more than three dealerships tell me this...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:09 AM   #4
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Also, check out the Glide Ride kingpin as well. I know a fella who has an Excel 5th wheel with the Glide Ride kingpin and he has the Superglide hitch.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:55 AM   #5
Chip
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6338
Yes you can. Check my signiture.

Mor/ryde and SuperGlide got together to design the system, so I am told. If you ever change hitches all you do is take the adapter plate off.

The camper rides super smooth with the above combination. You have to remind yourself its back their.

Drew

2012 Big Sky 3400, now an SOB 5th wheel
2007 Montana 3075 previously
2015 GMC 3500 Dually
Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:23 PM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
YES, There is a MorRyde adapter plate for the Superglide. On the new rig I have the MorRyde pin box with the Superglide plate attached. The adapter plate is from MorRyde and, if need be, it can be taken off with just 4 bolts in order for a conventional hitch to be used to tow the trailer.
Don't ask how much as I have no idea as the MorRyde and adapter plate were thrown in with the entire deal.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:19 AM   #7
5ER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #90
Thanks for the info. I got more replies from MOC than I got from the people who are selling the hitch's. zilch! I believe this would be a worthwhile investment. Not only for the trailers sake but for the passengers in the truck. Especially when Brendas back is hurting. Thanks again.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:19 AM   #8
5ER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #90
Thanks for the info. I got more replies from MOC than I got from the people who are selling the hitch's. zilch! I believe this would be a worthwhile investment. Not only for the trailers sake but for the passengers in the truck. Especially when Brendas back is hurting. Thanks again.