Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #1
tobymaxx
Established Member

M.O.C. #12978
Winter

We bought a used Montana this past summer and starting out from WI the middle of October. We took our time getting to AZ for the winter. It was great, and other than a few minor issues, I think we have things fairly well figured out. It has helped immensely by reading this forum. We spend 3-5 months in Mesa (Silveridge Park) during the winter.

Next year however, we plan on starting out from WI after Christmas so I assume winterization of the unit will be very important before we leave. We do have the Arctic Pkg and even though we burn quite a bit of propane during cold spells, we can keep the inside pretty comfortable.

Do any of you folks have any advice in regards to the actual travel that time of year. We plan on staying in truck stops along the way as I assume most campgrounds will be closed. But, specifically, do you leave the RV antifreeze in the grey and black water (and possibly even the fresh water) tanks to avoid freeze up, and just run the propane to use the Monty as sleeping quarters and a fridge?

I did run a search but could not find anything on this specifically. Thanks again.

Gary

tobymaxx is offline   Reply With Quote