Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 12-04-2020, 08:00 AM   #41
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJones View Post
I had 4 fifthfwheels, then two diesel motorhomes, and now back to a fifth wheel. 5 months were the longest we stayed in either a fifth or the motorhomes at a time. IF money were of no consequence to is, I much enjoyed the motor homes over the fifth wheels. BUT I was just spending too much on maintenance and as the vehicles got older the insurance against engine, drive train costs or break downs was very expensive. I would be driving along listening and wondering what was going to cost me next! Went back to a Montana fifth that my F250 could handle and it is pretty nice. STILL - if money was not object I would have loved to continued in a diesel pusher. JMO-mark
Met a couple at a rally a few years ago. They had been RVing for many years and had owned everything from pop ups to DP's. They weren't FT but like us, 1/2 time snowbirds. Had owned 3 or 4 MH's and was currently in a class c. They're take was they all have their place and they had liked the DP's but he said the upkeep and maintenance on them ran on average $10,000/yr. Bottom line they were just too expensive to own. Has been said the MH's are nice if you have deep pockets, but again I'm not talking from experience as we've never owned one. We did look at a couple before going 5th wheel. We are FT during the winter in one or two locations and the space in the 5er is our preference. OP, you'll get this figured out. I suggest when you come back in the spring use the MH all summer, maybe even stay in it for a stretch since you are talking about going FT and see for yourself which side of the fence that grass is really greener.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 08:31 AM   #42
Fish
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22281
We've been in Florida for a few weeks now and are making a pro con list from our trip and our stay between our fifth wheel and the Monaco diesel pusher.

So far the Monaco is way ahead.

If I can swing it when we get back to Illinois and everything checks out on it I think we'll be making the move.