Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2020, 05:59 PM   #41
Mtncrash1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21598
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
I bought me B&W when they were $700 shipping included. They gave me dealer prices. It’s has worked great for all these years.
Lynwood
When I bought my camper one of the perks from the dealer was a “free” hitch. They were going to give me a Reese, I talked them into the Patriot.

2017 HC 345RL
2015 F-250
Mtncrash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:23 AM   #42
Dixie Flyer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck56 View Post
Finally got my 2020 GMC 3500HD DRW to tow my 2020 41 Montana. Best hitch to buy? Have prep package
I have a pullrite 4400. I really don't care for it as it so difficult to load the camper. If you are not dead center with the pin to the hitch it will not lock and the head will pivot to one side making it difficult to get loose and start over, When you are ready to unhook you have to back into the hitch to release the lock. If you are not level it is almost impossible to hook up. This hitch is not for the novice. or faint of heart. But once its hooked and ready to go it is the best as far as turning tight corners and backing into tight place.
Dixie Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 05:05 PM   #43
rforten

M.O.C. #25388
B&W is great!

I have a B&W Companion in my newly delivered 2020 GMC 3500 DRW. Works great! Just had to buy a new base plate for it since GM changed them for 2020.
rforten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 08:03 PM   #44
powerhaulic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20884
Had a SuperGlide for a while in last truck, switched to the PullRite SuperLite.
super tight connection 56# I believe, have it on a Demco puck adapter in my 2020
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191002_165419.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	322.9 KB
ID:	5978   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191008_130924.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	417.3 KB
ID:	5979  
Lippert AirRide pinbox / PullRite SuperLight hitch
powerhaulic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 06:18 AM   #45
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
I bought this Demco to put in my previous truck and moved it to my current truck. I don’t need a slider. It is relatively light weight...take the head off the remove the base frame from the rails. It has worked well for me. Years ago I had a pull right hitch that was so heavy my son had to help lift it.
When we got our first 5er (pictured below), I left it up to my dealership to select the hitch for me. He installed the same one photoed here. I'd never pulled a 5er before, so I had nothing to compare it with, except for a bumper pull trailer all my life. Well, it's now been over a year and a half since we purchased the 5er, and I've no complaints about this hitch. As stated above, it separates into 2 parts, is very easy to remove, and doesn't weight much at all. Actually, moving my old Equal-i-zer hitch head and bars seemed to be heavier than this hitch when moving each half separately.

There again, I've never towed any other 5er than my own, so I don't have anything to compare with, but for me, this hitch does it's job and does it well.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 08:39 AM   #46
Dixie Flyer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosnowman View Post
I started with a PullRite Superglide and hated it! You have to hook up virtually straight on or you have problems. I really didn’t like all the problems with it.

I sold it for half price, and purchased a B&W Hitch and love it! I can now hook up and unhook at an angle. I highly recommend B&W....
Like you I have a Pullrite and hate it. There are times I have trouble hooking up. If you are not dead on with alignment to the pin with the hitch you won't get hooked up and if you are not level you will have a hard time hooking up. Once hooked up it does everything it syas it will do. I love it when it is pouring down rain I don't have to get out to release a handle to allow the hitch to slide. it's just the problems hooking up that bother me.
Dixie Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 06:27 PM   #47
dadnjesse
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #17519
I do think you can get a bad hitch. I had the 24,000 LB Curt, If you were on an un level site it could be a real pain to get it to unlatch. I switched to the B&W Companion and problem solved.
dadnjesse is offline   Reply With Quote