Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2020, 07:48 PM   #1
Tomncindy

M.O.C. #25584
electric fireplace quit working

we have a 2018 Montana 3950BR. the electric fireplace is a Titan Flame WF-48s. it simply quit working. Dead. power source is fine, unit is getting power on mother board, switch checks ok. Dead. cannot find anything about replacement parts or any other info online?

Tomncindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 09:56 PM   #2
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
I did some searching and other than a burnt connection somewhere in the wiring, I also found a suggestion that indicated the unit might stop working if the batteries in the remote were bad. You might just pull the unit out and look for a burnt wire or something else obvious. There are also people who have cats and have found a large amount of hair that caused the unit to shut down, and when cleaned out, started working again. Parts are available here: https://www.trekwood.com/products/11...WFRPL-EF-Black
rohrmann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 04:16 AM   #3
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Tomncindy - if you take it out I would love to have a blow-by-blow description. I tried to take mine out to run a new direct coax for a dish tailgater connection. I got the front covers off and removed the 4 face screws but evidently mine is in the rough opening so tight I could not pull it out...and I was pulling with all I could muster. I thought there must be some other screws. It would not budge. Not sure what I should try next.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 04:25 PM   #4
holbrook2
Established Member

M.O.C. #18169
Hi, curious what you have done about your fireplace. We have the same problem. It appears it’s the control board, but can’t find a board. They don’t make this fireplace anymore. Problem is the FP is 44 inches wide by 15 inches. Any info would be appreciated!
holbrook2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 04:44 PM   #5
speedster100
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17566
I called the fireplace manufacturer for the one in our 2015 Montana which was located in Ontario Canada if I remember right it was the technical support line. The girl was very helpful, when I described the issue she indicated it was one of the resistors in one of the boards likely. I asked how can I get one, she asked me to stay on the line, came back about 3 minutes later and told me she located a board sitting in a warehouse in Illinois and she would have it sent to me at our winter RV lot in Florida. Gave her my Visa number and 3 days later I had it. Took apart the fireplace, plug & play new one for the old one and it was back up working fine.
speedster100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 06:24 PM   #6
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by holbrook2 View Post
Hi, curious what you have done about your fireplace. We have the same problem. It appears it’s the control board, but can’t find a board. They don’t make this fireplace anymore. Problem is the FP is 44 inches wide by 15 inches. Any info would be appreciated!
If you can’t repair what you have, you might look at electricfireplacesdirect.com for a replacement. They have a huge choice of sizes and styles. The link below is for the wide models. Click on each one to see the widths available. Then look st the heights of each.

Our trailer did not have a fireplace. Bought one from them and installed it myself.

https://www.electricfireplacesdirect...=42%22+-+44%22
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 02:45 PM   #7
Barnzie
Established Member

M.O.C. #29839
Hello we have a 2018 Montana 3700LK. We have a Titan Flame WF series that doesn't work properly thermostat is way off,flame is noisy, the dimensions is 48x17. I would say they are a piece of junk. Any ideas what other model good quality to replace this one.
Barnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 07:04 AM   #8
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
Here's a good video for Removing the fireplace

https://youtu.be/x97VrIzgccI?feature=shared.

I took mine apart and did some preventative maintenance and cleaned all the dog hair out of it.
Pretty easy.
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 02:11 PM   #9
gbo3

M.O.C. #32441
has anyone had any luck ordering replacement heat element/blower for the Innoflame fireplace. we have a 2021 ck3132 legacy, fireplace quit blowing hot air. pulled the whole mess out today and discovered a severely burned connection to the heat coil, also looks like the heat melted part of the motor for the fan. I don't find anything about Innoflame anywhere on the inter web. thanks
gbo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 03:16 PM   #10
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
I got lots of search results for “innoflame”…
Might be just as cheap to order a new fireplace.
I see that Lippert has RV fireplaces now. Check with Lippert to see if they sell replacement fan and heater.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0021.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	191.5 KB
ID:	16019  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote