Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2020, 10:27 AM   #21
Mtncrash1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21598
Update: my son and I lowered the pin box a couple of weeks ago. Went pretty easy. I haven’t had a chance to hook up and get measurements due to work. I’ll be doing that next weekend when I’m home and, add another update. I did however order the sliding base for the patriot hitch so I can use it in my personal truck (haven’t had any problems so far) and, will use in the work truck (long bed with a fuel tank and over the rail tool box)if the numbers don’t work out.

2017 HC 345RL
2015 F-250
Mtncrash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 05:00 PM   #22
Mtncrash1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21598
Click image for larger version

Name:	9E336666-5F81-418F-9AFE-149AF20FC4CB.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	385.0 KB
ID:	5965Ok so here’s the final update. Hooked up to get measurements today. After moving the pin box I ended up with 8 1/2 inches between the top rails and the camper. That gave me about 3/4” clearance with my tool box. Not enough in my mind. So I put the pin box back to where it was and made the adjustment to the hitch and also decided to put the new slider in the work truck and, move it from truck to truck if needed.
A tip for anyone moving the pin box. Pull all bolts except the two lower ones in the back, leave one in the front as well. I then pushed up and supported the front of the box with my shoulder and removed the front bolt. Pushed the box up further and was able to put a couple of landscaping spikes in the upper holes to support the front. I then was able to push up on the back ,pull the bolts and, put them back in the lower holes of the original position. Once they were in I went back to the front and did the same thing there. Total of about 20 minutes by myself.

2017 HC 345RL
2015 F-250
Mtncrash1 is offline   Reply With Quote