Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2020, 03:38 PM   #21
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
go for the gold

the liquid is the wieght ,the difference between a composite tank and a steel one is minimal. I got tired of lifting the 30 lb tanks that come with our campers and just went to lowes and bought 2 20 lb tanks. A lot less weight and manageable. Yes I know you have less gas but I use the camp electric for most utilities and occasionally use gas for cooking or heat and don`t fill but once every 1 1/2 seasons. You could always ask the guy next door to help you out putting them in.

F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 05:16 AM   #22
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
the liquid is the wieght ,the difference between a composite tank and a steel one is minimal. I got tired of lifting the 30 lb tanks that come with our campers and just went to lowes and bought 2 20 lb tanks. A lot less weight and manageable. Yes I know you have less gas but I use the camp electric for most utilities and occasionally use gas for cooking or heat and don`t fill but once every 1 1/2 seasons. You could always ask the guy next door to help you out putting them in.

Don't forget the need for 2 new much longer pigtails, replacing the ridiculously short OE supplied and that the retaining straps need to be moved or replaced to hold 20 pound tanks.

I would have a problem with composite tank pricing at well over 2x cost of the common steel versions. Nice, but I can still lift the old ones1-2 times a year
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 08:12 AM   #23
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
Don't forget the need for 2 new much longer pigtails, replacing the ridiculously short OE supplied and that the retaining straps need to be moved or replaced to hold 20 pound tanks.

I would have a problem with composite tank pricing at well over 2x cost of the common steel versions. Nice, but I can still lift the old ones1-2 times a year
Nah.... I just set the 20 lb bottles on a couple of plastic blocks I had sitting around so all the factory stuff still worked ,fewer dollars to, besides when I change out campers I`ll put back the 30lb bottles for the next guy to wrestle with. Easy to peasey
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 02:41 PM   #24
BiggarView
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19382
Send a message via AIM to BiggarView
Well I can see the usefulness, however the cost is prohibitive. Timing is everything, get 'er dun when there is somebody to help. Offer a beer... plenty will offer help for free... offer a beer anyway LOL. More social this way. JMHO.

2017 RAM 3500 Laramie CCLB Dually CTD Aisin, OEM auto level rear air-ride, B&W hitch
2020 3813MS Legacy Cobalt FBP, MORryde 8K IS & pinbox, PI EMS,DIY mods by in-house "craftsman", RV security system Mk1 Beagle Alerter
BiggarView is offline   Reply With Quote