Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HOBBY CENTRAL > Arts & Crafts
Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
Website for Beaders

I found this website in Rock and Gem.
http://www.shipwreckbeads.com/
I hope this is helpful to you that are not near a Rock Shop or Bead Shop.

hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:43 PM   #2
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Already dropped some money with that outfit! Their catalog is as big as the Houston and Houston-area phone book I used to have. As you may remember, I truly do live in the middle of nowhere (about 40 miles from the nearest town, and it has only 3,000 residents--if you count the moose and elk), so I'm a big internet shopper.

I know some other beaders out there will also appreciate your post. Bead scouts are always appreciated!

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 04:21 PM   #3
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
You aren't a serious beader until you have physically visited the Shipwreck building!!!! If you think the catalog is huge, guess what the building is.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:54 PM   #4
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Susan, just looking at the Shipwreck catalog I received and the photos on the web of their facility makes my head and feet hurt! Have you ever toured the Fire Mountain Gems place in Grant's Pass? I didn't know it was there when we were at 7 Feathers, but I've since learned that not only is it located in the town, but that you can also usually take a nice guided tour of the place.

And, on the subject of beads: Why is it that $100 spent in a bead store anywhere results in my leaving with a teeny-tiny package of "have to haves"? My goodness--explaining that to Wayne is always fun.

Carolyn
Old 01-10-2010, 04:18 PM   #5
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Carolyn: Susan says she and several other beaders toured Fire Mountain when we stopped at Valley of the Rogue during the "progressive rally". This was before you were able to join us. Fire Mountain only offers tours of the facility. You can't buy anything while you are there. So no need to explain to Wayne why the monthly food budget is depleted and the refrigerator is empty. I do believe there was a discount coupon that came as result of the tour and resulted in a significant internet purchase a few days later.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:57 PM   #6
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Honey, any purchase of beads is a SIGNIFICANT purchase! (By the way, Carl, that's a "good ol' gal honey"--y'all may remember I'm a Texas native. )

Carolyn