Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2015, 11:30 AM   #21
Wheelhouse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11462
Yes, it is location, location, location. We have AAA and have had good and some not so good experience. Flat tire on my F350 , long lug studs. Told them and the guy comes out with a regular 4-lug spinner. I said where are the deep sockets for the studs. He called his boss and the boss said we aren't responsible to carry a lot of tools. That was in Aberdeen , Washington. Three other experiences were very pleasing. Fuel injectors went out, they towed the truck and Monty 3500RL with one truck trip. Another time they used a tow truck for the truck an a pickup with a hitch for the Monty. The truck to the dealership and the Monty to my storage space. Had 2 bombs and they came right away to change the tires, forgot my jack, had a gray spot that day, lol. Oh yes, the flat bed tow trucks are just barely long enough with my front outer bumper. The rear wheels were at the back edge of the flat-bed. With our AAA we get 1-200 mile tow and 3-100 mile tows each, so my wife and I both have a card. That gives us 2-200 mile and 3-100 mile tows if needed. This covers whatever vehicle we drive.
Wheelhouse is offline   Reply With Quote