Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2015, 07:08 AM   #1
Tithy242
Established Member

M.O.C. #11176
2015 / 2016 Montana Construction & Quality

We bought our first RV in 2011; it’s a Montana Mountaineer 324RLQ and we have really enjoyed RV’ing even when dealing with minor glitches/repairs and the big ones too like blown tires, etc. Having said all that, we are WAY more experienced and knowledgeable now and have a better idea of what we need/want in a 5th wheel which is still our preferred class.

My wife and I are both totally sold on the Front Bath plans which have really taken off throughout the industry in the last 4 to 5 years; yes there may have been some around beforehand but now every manufacturer has at least one.

We like Montana’s version but recently I’ve noticed that they’ve gone away from the nice looking fiberglass end cap and have gone (from what I’ve seen) exclusively to the flat wall with four corners.
Not trying to offend anyone but in my mind I always thought the fancy end cap was a sign of a nicer rig. I feel like I can say that because mine has the flat wall and I don’t think it looks as attractive as some of the others.

A competitive Salesman told me that Keystone is starting to put less into their RVs than in past years. If not for the rear end, I wouldn’t have noticed anything that might backup his claims but to me it does seem like a shortcut and is less attractive.

So, what is the word on the street regarding Keystone and the Montana line? Other SOB brands are still doing the fancy end cap and their Front Bath floor plans are just as nice.

We’ve been happy with the current Keystone product so they get a nod for that reason and as others have said in another post called “MONTANA LIFE EXPECTANCY” it should last a long time if maintained.
On the other hand, in another thread called “Moving to SOB” some have indicated that Montana is slipping.

So which is it?

Thanks.
Tithy242 is offline   Reply With Quote