Burnt smell in microwave
I need help from the group again! Last night my wife (who is an outstanding cook) tried to bake a small cake in the microwave. She has baked in it many times before. She followed the box directions and extrapolated them for use in the half time microwave oven. As it was a beautiful spring evening here in San Antonio, we sat outside for a while and enjoyed our favorite adult beverage. When my wife checked on the cake it was on fire. She stopped the oven and removed the cake immediately. The flames were very low, so there was no obvious flame damage to the oven. Today the rig smells fine, but the microwave smells burnt when you open it, even after a thorough cleaning. Any advice on how to remove the smell? Thanks.