Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2021, 12:11 PM   #21
John and Barbara
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23309
Sam, This is a big problem for you. I was told by customer service that you work for them. I was so frustrated after may last visit to Lazydays that i went off on the service manager which probably got me black balled. I decided to wait until Covid had calmed down and try to meet with you at the next rally. The pics I have speak for them selves. I would like to thank you for all the help you have provided, Any one reading this reply should note that Sam is awesome and very helpful but he cant carry the company on his own.

Old 05-24-2021, 12:38 PM   #22
mootana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15746
Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by John and Barbara View Post
Sam, This is a big problem for you. I was told by customer service that you work for them. I was so frustrated after may last visit to Lazydays that i went off on the service manager which probably got me black balled. I decided to wait until Covid had calmed down and try to meet with you at the next rally. The pics I have speak for them selves. I would like to thank you for all the help you have provided, Any one reading this reply should note that Sam is awesome and very helpful but he cant carry the company on his own.

Hey John and Barbara,
I'd be more than glad to look at your photos. Why save them for the rally. I'll PM you my email and you can send me the information.

I'd be glad to see if we've made changes to address your issues.

Sam Lengerich
Old 05-26-2021, 05:37 AM   #23
Doug Brown
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10001
Pride in work

This is why I keep my 2008 285 rld mountaineer. I have over 100,000 miles on it. I converted to disc brakes replaced axles and installed 2 battle born batteries. Had to upgrade converter. When I buy again will get Arctic fox.
Doug Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 07:06 AM   #24
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
I feel you pain. This happens everyday. No RV will not have issues, it is part of the business. We are waiting for a 5th wheel hitch, in order to pick-up or 5th wheel. A 5th wheel hitch purchased at least 10 or more different 5th wheel hitches. That don't happen today. I will not let the dealer tell me the PDI has been done. Never buy an RV without being there during the PDI. You have more leverage at the time than any time. Good Luck.

Happy Trails.
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 07:40 AM   #25
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Raycruiser, once you resign yourself to the fact that you have been wronged with little recourse, it's time to fix things yourself. Remember it if you ever buy another new trailer. Chances are your work will be better than the average workmanship at a dealer. For complex repairs I suggest an rv repair shop, not a dealer.

Mootana, I believe there is a labor issue but that isn't why trailers are leaving the factory in poor condition. I ran a $35 million prison industry program making some of the finest products available. Talk about labor issues and you better pack a lunch. The end product that rolls out the door is Keystone's issue, not the workers and processes that lead up to that point. Until quality is placed higher on Keystone's priority list, nothing will change. Thank you though for at least offering to help some of the folks on our forum.
Old 05-26-2021, 08:21 AM   #26
SLB
Established Member

M.O.C. #27261
Your correct I have a 2021 3121RL with a lot of headaches. Trouble shot and fixed most myself or with Keystone vendor assistance. Right now trying to talk with Keystone Customer service to supply me the correct controller for my AC/HP. They are super uncooperative and really do not listen or reply when email. Keystone put in the wrong controller just to push out the sale at the end of September and my heat pump does not work. Forget this BS about PDI this is and should be Keystones focus. Dealer don't want anything to do with PDIs except see the unit off the lot. Any way that's not the dealers error putting in the wrong AC/HP controller this lies with Keystone production folks and manager. Keystone could save themselves a few dollars by sending the part but fell I'm incapable of installing it or hiring whom I want to do the work. Complaint , Cause , and Correction is easy Keystone do your job right the first time Should start with your Keystone Customer Service or change the name of that group. I'll will applaud DEXTER for sending me 2 new rotors , a controller unit and paid for the install. Keystone comment from CS was they would be OK . So here is where I decide to take it to a dealer or forget our planned trip. Thanks a lot Keystone!!!
SLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 01:33 PM   #27
ShipswheelMontana

M.O.C. #23252
No QA in Keystone or dealers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amtracker View Post
Sam,
I’m not sure where you are in the Keystone leadership chain however, this complaint is normal for the new Montana owners. I purchased a 2020 (3791RD) and it was loaded with issues. I expressed my frustration with the unit (like many others) on this site. I wrote a letter to Keystone with my issues with recommendations and never received a reply. Many owners blame the dealerships for being slow or not competent to repair their problems. Many owners do not realize the dealerships must obtain authorization from Keystone to correct an issue before performing the work. Parts are slow to arrive at the dealership for repair. Most dealerships are so backed up because they are attempting to service warranty and other issues for their customers. The lack of Keystone’s quality and authorization requirements is (in my opinion) a major driver to their backup issues. I have no ties to any dealership. I purchased my RV in Schererville, IN and I live in Virginia. This dealership has bent over backward to provide me with advice and great service.
I have spoken to several seasoned RV owners and many have told me “if you are going to own an RV you need to have a technical ability or lots of money”.
I agree with the writer (Dam Worker) above. RVs are in high demand at this time which means more and more RV owners are going to post and talk about the industry's lack of quality inspections. I believe the RV industry will only change when their profits fall. Someday there will come a time when an RV CEO realizes that this is an issue and puts in place a business plan that makes his/her company’s Quality as their priority.
The only advice I can provide to Ray Criuiser is, you’re not in this boat alone. Learn as much as you can and perform the repairs yourself. Treat your dealership with respect and they will help you solve problems because your efforts will keep problems from coming through their door and the time, they invest with all the needless procedures forced on them by manufacturers. Finely there is more experience on this site than anywhere else. There is nothing that I have found that someone on this site has not had and corrected. Good Luck with your RV.
Seriously I agree except my issues started way before COVID and Keystone and the dealer were terrible. My husband and I are going to do the repairs and get rid of the damned thing. I will never buy New again! Seriously I paid over $77,000 for this headache. Dealer rammed another RV into ours and didn’t disclose until after paperwork was signed. Black Water tank was installed incorrectly from manufacture and now the wall in basement disintegrated because repairman screwed up. They refused to fix it. They never did repair the rip in the laminate from the Bolt under the dining slide out... no you don’t need to be nice to your dealer it didn’t get me anywhere. He

I was talking with another dealer and the salesman said to me he agreed never buy new unless it’s a toy hauler because hopefully the previous owner FIXED all the defects. That’s bad... I miss my 2012 Montana this 2016 sucks!!!!
ShipswheelMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 08:55 AM   #28
cotter key
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10849
For what its worth I believe there are lots of rvs on the road that have very few problems or at least nothing major. If all were junk or made so poorly nobody would want one.
Yes workmanship starts at the factory but repair is in the dealers hands, some are better than others. There is a SOB dealer near me that is in the business of SELLING rvs not REPAIRING them.
I think some dealers lay it off on the factory and some times the PAPER WORK never gets sent in, thus the blame gets put on the maker not the seller.
I'm not saying some don't have problems but there some like me that have very few and nothing big enough for me to not want my rv.
cotter key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 09:17 AM   #29
phillyg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17801
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotter key View Post
For what its worth I believe there are lots of rvs on the road that have very few problems or at least nothing major.......Yes workmanship starts at the factory but repair is in the dealers hands, some are better than others......
You may be correct, because folks tend to complain rather than praise. However, it seems grossly unfair for dealers to have to fix a large number of problems on delivery. We had 13 problems, 10 of which were serious, and the dealer put in a significant number of what should have been billable hours to make it right. I hope Keystone reimbursed them. OTOH, maybe there's enough money in their mark-up to cover it.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 03:30 PM   #30
Amtracker
Established Member

M.O.C. #27726
Your not alone

Sam,
I would like to continue this conversation with you but would like to do it in private. If you have an email address and can provide it to me I will send you a response but the MOC page is not the forum to discuss my next reply.
Amtracker is offline   Reply With Quote