Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2021, 08:05 PM   #1
ChrisnCindy

M.O.C. #28931
2002 Montana

Hey, picked up a 2002 Montana. We live in s.e. Ne, not new to camping world but new to 5th wheeling. Need to inspect more and haven't found much on here but I'd like to put a receiver hitch on the camper to pull trailer with golf cart, not a golfer by the waylike I said, need to inspect more but looks like the frame is to far away from back of trailer for one. Anyone have any info on this or put on a receiver?

ChrisnCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 10:56 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
A receiver voids your frame warranty but at this point it doesn't matter. Many members have installed a hitch on the rear. The best way is to have someone fabricate and weld one on. The Hidden Hitch 882291 is a bolt on that some have used. In either case you will need an 2" extension to bring the receiver out from under the rear fiberglass. A Search on "hitch" should uncover previous postings on the subject.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 08:31 PM   #3
Keith Schweizer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8841
Congrats on you Montana purchase! Welcome to the MOC.

I Wanted a receiver hitch on my 2009 2955rl as I wanted to tow my jeep on several trips we had planned. I had a local company install the receiver hitch to my trailer rated for 6k lbs, the jeep was 4k. They also installed the tow bar and electrical on the jeep. Also put a "Back up" camera on 5er just to let me know jeep was still there as I could not see it with side view mirrors.
The rear stabilizer unit had to be moved a little in order to get a solid mounting point on the frame. But well worth it. Never one issue with the set up.
If you are comfortable towing with something behind your 5er, Go for it!

Have fun and Enjoy the Journey, Keith
09 2955rl,5 Sailun 637 , Mor ryde wet bolt kit, 50 amp progressive hard wired surge protector, solar , 4-6 volt Interstate batteries, charge indicator, HD tow hitch ,2-2000w Honda generators, Back up camera,2015 F-350,6.7,
air bags,, 50 gallon Titan Pace Edwards bed cover, TST 507-FT
Keith Schweizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 10:41 PM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
ChrisnCiindy-- Welcome aboard the Montana Owners Club Forum. You have found a great place to learn about your unit and also ask questions about it and get answers from the experts-- actual Montana owners. By the way, we will be holding our annual MOC Central Plains Regional Rally in Nebraska City (Only about 93 miles from Jansen) from July 12th-17th at Victorian Acres Campground. We'd like to invite you to come up and meet us and join us to meet some of the fellow Montana owners in the area and also from other areas of the US that are coming to our Rally. I'll send you a PM (private message) here on the Forum and give you my email address and phone number if you would like more information. Again Welcome Aboard and hope to meet you in the near future.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 04:56 PM   #5
ChrisnCindy

M.O.C. #28931
Thanks
ChrisnCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 06:27 PM   #6
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Welcome to the forums and congrats on your new Montana.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 11:50 PM   #7
Marilynd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19388
Congratulations! Welcome to the forum! Have fun!
2020 GMC 3500 Crew Cab Dually
Marilynd is offline   Reply With Quote