Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2008, 03:06 AM   #1
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
RALLLIES DON'T RUN THEMSELVES

Joy and the other wagonmasters are in desperate need of volunteers. They have spent a lot of time arranging the spring rally in Tucson, but they can't do it all, PLEASE help them. First rally? Haven't done that? Don't worry, there's help for you. Remember, this rally will only be as good as you make it.

Thanks,
Charlie

8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 04:41 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Charlie..What rally is that??
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 04:48 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Rich, the Tucson Spring rally.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:49 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Oh..We are not in that area or we would be doing something. We are going to the Gettysburg Rally and Helen and I will do registration there.It does not take much guys..Jump in a help out..It really is fun.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:22 AM   #5
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Thanks Rich and Ozz. You're right it isn't hard. I've made the corrections above. I keep forgetting there many rallies.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:41 PM   #6
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Rally's are a great place to meet a lot of MOC members. I was the Wagon Master at the Quartzsite get together and I have to tell you all that without help it is an impossible task. I appreciate all the help I received from the members to help me with this small get together. Now a Spring Rally takes a lot more work than I had to do and in order for your Wagon Master to do their job they really need the help of other members. It really is not a hard job, but it does take team work to put it all together. Jump in and help out so you all can enjoy a great rally.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:19 AM   #7
MelsJoy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7085
Charlie & Nila, Doug, Rich, & Jim,

Thank you so much for the support your giving! It is helping! I've received 4 Sets of volunteers since this thread was posted! Thank you!

Just so you all know, they are right. A Rally can be a whole lot of fun! Especially when everyone pitches in. If you were at the Buellton Rally last year, you know what I mean.

Mel & I were coordinators for 4 Events, "The Meet & Greet, Potluck Scramble, Catered Dinner, and the White Elephant Exchange" at the Buellton Rally. We had NEVER done any of that kind of stuff before, but because that's all we had to worry about, we recruited the help we needed, and with the help of everyone else pitching in, it went pretty smoothly, and Dennis & Mary Kay were free to handle all the other stuff a Wagon Master has to deal with. Now if we could do all of those things in one rally, anyone could do only ONE of the events without any fuss at all!!! (although I wouldn't recommend more than one or two. LOL).

But now,.... Back to our Tucson Rally.....We still need someone to handle the White Elephant Event, of which I have already done most of the work for, we just need some to do the event and give us a little bit of a break.

Another, what I would call "Big" Event is the Safety Semminar! We were hoping to get the local fire department to come in but, because we are not local, they will not do it without a charge of like $40-$60 per person, so....that is out! We left it in the Agenda in hopes that SOMEONE with "First Aid, or Fire Safety, or maybe an EMT" experience would volunteer to give us a quick little semminar. BUT......It looks as though I may have to print out stuff from the internet now and just post them on the bulletin board for everyone who is interested in seeing the info, if we can't get SOMEONE to volunteer! Does that sound sad-soppy enough?

We also need someone to put together and keep organized a small table in the Catalina Room for everyone to use as a "book exchange" and to keep up our Bulletin Board, and to maintain sign-up sheets for whatever coordinator needs. Now, that doesn't sound too hard does it?

Also, How about someone coming up with a way to have some kind of a game tournament? Many people have asked about it, but no-one has stepped up to say, "hey, I'll make it happen". Any takers?

Okay, I'll get off my "high horse" now and just say.....
Please, help us all to make this a really memorable Rally! Join In!

Thanks again guys!

Joy & Mel
MelsJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:04 AM   #8
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Joy & Mel,
Having Wagonmastered last years fall rally I had found the same situation of getting volunteers. At first call we also got just a few but by the time the rally dates arrived I had filled most of the positions. For whatever reason some folks like to wait until the last minute. In some cases I think they are waitng and hoping some one else will jump in and they won't have to. AND if push comes to shove do not hesitate drafting volunteers. You'd also be surprised how many MOCers are sitting out there, too bashful or whatever, waiting to be asked.
These volunteer jobs are usually very simple and therefore, once explained in person, it is a simple matter drafting volunteers as they arrive for the rally.

Wish we could be there but this summer we will be heading up into the New England states and the Canadian Maritimes.

Not too worry about volunteers. It will all fall into place and you all will have a GRRRRR8 time.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:07 AM   #9
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Joy, put Cathy and I down for the bulletin board sign-up sheets and book exchange......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:28 AM   #10
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Like Glenn said, we are (were) waiting for "experienced" ralliers to step up. Our excuse is (was) that this is our very first rally of any kind (I just retired 2/1/08) and we just wanted to kinda' "lay low" and observe and enjoy without any responsibilities. Our son lives in Tucson, so we were also planning to visit with him some. We are more than willing to be "go-fers" and/or set up/ take down tables, chairs, etc ("grunt work"). We will even consider the "White Elephant" coordinator's postion(s) if someone who's attended one will help.
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:38 AM   #11
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Joy,

As discussed earlier with you, we will volunteer to organize the Meet and Greet.

Robbie and Alice

ONLY 37 MORE DAYS UNTIL THE MOC NORTH AMERICAN SPRING RALLY IN TUCSON!!!!
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:26 PM   #12
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
MelsJoy-

Sorry we can not help, we will not be attending this rally. But I did want to offer my opinion from the "other side"....

I like to be involved, but will never volunteer. I usually think everything is covered.....and I do not want to be pushy and maybe step on someone's toes. But if you ask me I will rise to the occassion.

Participating in an event offers many awards, even if it is just as simple as being in charge of opening and locking up a room that was used.

My first MOC Rally, I was helping with "game night". Simple event.....set a night,post on MOC forum,posted and asked for volunteers to bring games, un-lock the building, set table, lock the building...thats it. Yet I felt so much more connected to the MOC members who attended the rally

I am saying this, because if you are not getting the help needed, don't worry....just start pin pointing people and ask. They will either be happy to help, or politely tell you "no thanks".

Now this is my opinion that fits my personality.

Best of luck....I wish I could be there!
Denise
PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote