Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > THE TRADING POST A MOC MARKET PLACE > Trailers, Tow Vehicles or RV related items Wanted
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-02-2021, 06:34 PM   #1
snowmanfx4
Seasoned Camper
 
snowmanfx4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Moline
Posts: 62
M.O.C. #21279
Generator

I'm looking for a 5500 Onan generator. Just got a new 3931fb with generator prep. Cant find a onan generator anywhere.
Can travel to get one if still in good shape.
 
snowmanfx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 08:33 PM   #2
Last2Die
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Menifee
Posts: 1,061
M.O.C. #22986
Was told 6 month wait by a dealer
__________________
2018 3920fb 2020 GMC Denali 3500 4x4 Duramax, 10 speed Allison. LB SRW, Firestone air bags with Airlift wireless onboard compressor. Anderson Ultimate Hitch. MX4 folding cover. 50gal titan in bed transfer tank. Onan 6500 lp genset installed by me ! Had: 2 HF 3500 Inverters with Parallel Kit
Last2Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 05:47 AM   #3
snowmanfx4
Seasoned Camper
 
snowmanfx4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Moline
Posts: 62
M.O.C. #21279
I have a friend that works for Cummins. He ordered me one and will get it in 24 weeks. Maybe sooner if I'm lucky. I thought there might be someone one here that got one with there camper and don't wait it.
snowmanfx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 06:01 PM   #4
capras801
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Decatur
Posts: 35
M.O.C. #20459
I have a 5500 onan propane generator with 41 hours on it, like new, presently installed in 3150 rl. Located in Decatur, Illinois. Reply if interested. I do not use it as I have a 1280 watt solar system installed. Phone number will be provided through private message.
capras801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 06:07 AM   #5
snowmanfx4
Seasoned Camper
 
snowmanfx4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Moline
Posts: 62
M.O.C. #21279
Quote:
Originally Posted by capras801 View Post
I have a 5500 onan propane generator with 41 hours on it, like new, presently installed in 3150 rl. Located in Decatur, Illinois. Reply if interested. I do not use it as I have a 1280 watt solar system installed. Phone number will be provided through private message.
Yes I would like to take a look at it. I will try to see my private message.
Thank you
snowmanfx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 06:19 AM   #6
snowmanfx4
Seasoned Camper
 
snowmanfx4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Moline
Posts: 62
M.O.C. #21279
Generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by capras801 View Post
I have a 5500 onan propane generator with 41 hours on it, like new, presently installed in 3150 rl. Located in Decatur, Illinois. Reply if interested. I do not use it as I have a 1280 watt solar system installed. Phone number will be provided through private message.
I'm new to this site. Can't even find my private messages. My email. snowmanfx4ill@yahoo.com
Thanks
snowmanfx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 10:52 AM   #7
Carl n Susan
Site Team
 
Carl n Susan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Carmichael - CA
Posts: 5,498
M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanfx4 View Post
I'm new to this site. Can't even find my private messages
Thanks
Finding your PMs are easy once you know where the link is. Look at the upper right hand corner of any screen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MOC - Private Message Link.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	9863


We discourage posting your email address in the open. The forum is open to the internet and the email harvesters will eventually find it. None of us want more worthless emails.
__________________
Carl (n Susan)
There is more to life than fuel mileage.
2012 Montana 3700RL Big Sky Package towed by a 2015 Ford F350 6.7L PSD 4WD CC LWB

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 08:19 AM   #8
firestation12
Seasoned Camper
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Mesa
Posts: 94
M.O.C. #24588
I like capra remover the Onan 5500 from my 2019 FL3700 because it sucked a full propane bottle dry in 5 hours use. I installed a solar system with LifePO4 batteries and keep a small Honda 2200 generator as a backup when boondocking. Cost was less than half of a new Onan. If you do get the Onan, you’ll likely need the 6” frame that goes under the generator to elevate it to the same height as the compartment door. No you cannot run both your ac units on a 2200 Honda but so far I wouldn’t go back to the propane Onan. My previous 3 toyhauler’s Onans were suitable that ran on gasoline supplied from the 35 gallon onboard fuel tank. The Onan 5500 will add about 300 lbs to the front of your 5th wheel.
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 06:42 AM   #9
snowmanfx4
Seasoned Camper
 
snowmanfx4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Moline
Posts: 62
M.O.C. #21279
Quote:
Originally Posted by firestation12 View Post
I like capra remover the Onan 5500 from my 2019 FL3700 because it sucked a full propane bottle dry in 5 hours use. I installed a solar system with LifePO4 batteries and keep a small Honda 2200 generator as a backup when boondocking. Cost was less than half of a new Onan. If you do get the Onan, you’ll likely need the 6” frame that goes under the generator to elevate it to the same height as the compartment door. No you cannot run both your ac units on a 2200 Honda but so far I wouldn’t go back to the propane Onan. My previous 3 toyhauler’s Onans were suitable that ran on gasoline supplied from the 35 gallon onboard fuel tank. The Onan 5500 will add about 300 lbs to the front of your 5th wheel.
Did you remove your generator? If so are you going to sell it or already sold?
snowmanfx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 07:38 AM   #10
capras801
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Decatur
Posts: 35
M.O.C. #20459
generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanfx4 View Post
Did you remove your generator? If so are you going to sell it or already sold?
If you are still looking for an Onan mine is still for sale.
capras801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 07:42 AM   #11
snowmanfx4
Seasoned Camper
 
snowmanfx4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Moline
Posts: 62
M.O.C. #21279
Quote:
Originally Posted by capras801 View Post
If you are still looking for an Onan mine is still for sale.
Still looking but yours is to old. Cummins told me if it's that old and 41 hrs. Might need a lot of service before I could use it. You should run a gen once a week or two under a load to keep it in good condition.
snowmanfx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 11:12 AM   #12
firestation12
Seasoned Camper
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Mesa
Posts: 94
M.O.C. #24588
Sold it on Craigslist next day after removal.
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Montana RV, Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.