Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2014, 09:30 AM   #1
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

I use the total mileage for one leg of a trip.

The following was not a pleasure trip. We generally only travel 250 to 300 miles a day when traveling for pleasure. This trip was an emergency to relocate the Montana.

I drove straight thru from Florida to West Virginia divided the total gallons in to the total miles and got 17.5 MPG not towing.

The next day hooked up to the 5th wheel and drove from West Virginia to Ormond Beach Florida, got 6 hours sleep and continued home the next morning.

I divided the total gallons in to the total miles and got 12.5 MPG towing.

When we are traveling for pleasure I use a spread sheet and put the miles and gallons at each fuel stop in the spread sheet and it gives me the MPG quickly. It will change a lot from one stop to the next but the average for each leg is what you are interested in.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote