Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2010, 06:30 PM   #1
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
"Rain, Rain & More Rain" ...with... Photos...

I came home to a flooded yard and several neighbors’ yards were flooded too. It has been raining for most of Saturday night and Sunday. We’re due to get thunder storms tonight as well. This is what I saw when I got home.
As bad as it looks, our house has never flooded. It has been worse than this before and we were still ok.

A partially naked Montana with a lot of water around.

More water around Monty.

Electric cord in water.
I did turn the electric supply breaker off!

Run off water coming across road into yards.

Run off water near front yard.

Our back yard.

WSAZ Channel 3 news clip

On Edit: Photo Links Changed

Old 05-03-2010, 01:51 AM   #2
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Glad to hear you made it home ok and that your house isn't flooded. Looks like someone up above is looking out for you.
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:09 AM   #3
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

With all of the rain still coming I chose to drive the tow vehicle to work yesterday morning. Didn’t have any problems going home yesterday evening but saw a lot of flash flooded areas. U.S 23 between Lucasville and Piketon in Ohio had high water on it in the opposing north bound lane. I saw one car stalled out in the middle of it. It must have just flooded prior to passing it. It wasn’t extremely deep or anything but just enough to hamper the traffic. Traffic wasn’t even backed up at that point and the State Patrol was on the way.
Bill-N-Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:36 PM   #4
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Here in Tennessee at the Home Base we had 12" but there were many near us who had 15", lots of damage small bridges were washed away and many homes damaged. Nashville area is another story. We live by the Tennessee river and it hasn't crested yet. Pray for those who have lost everything. I believe Tennessee loss of life was at 7 last count. In our area we lost a father and daughter. Very sad. Delaine sister lost their bridge to their home. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:11 AM   #5
cbgaloot
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10337
All this rain makes one glad their home is sitting up nice and high on tires. Not sitting on a slab on the ground.
cbgaloot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:43 PM   #6
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
It has rained almost every day since we returned home from Arizona. I guess we came home a month early this year.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote