Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2007, 11:55 AM   #21
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Well you know I'm going to respond here because we love our Montana and we like positive remarks. We first saw the Montanas in 1999 or 2000. We had SOB and really fell in love with the Montana. We tried to buy two different times but the first deal fell through and the 2nd dealer was down right dishonest so we pulled out. So in August of 2004 we bought our 05 3400. At the time I was working in Northern Calif., our stick house was in Southern California. We had been using an RV instead of hotels for around 6 or 7 years. We lived in the Montana the first 9 months we had it. Not one problem except the flashlight, small unimportant item. Last spring we had a wonderful trip to Shasta, Oregon, Washington (met Montana Sky), Idaho, Montana, Utah, Nevada. We went on some very bad roads and the Monty came through just perfect. Then we spent 2 months in the Flagstaff, AZ area and loved it. During that time we fixed the flashlight (power had never been hooked up) and the Apollo latch broke, they sent us a new one. The other stuff we have done was what we wanted to change, nothing wrong with our unit. We are planning on going full time this summer or fall as soon as our house sells and it is because of the Monty and especially the layout of the 3400 that we are even thinking of this. We have had 2 other fifth wheels and neither came any where close to the Montana. WE LOVE MONTANAS. There, that is it.
Happy trails.......................

Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:03 PM   #22
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
My Montana is a 2001 model-kind of the old boy here.But i`ll tell you I couldn`t be more proud to own this 5er.The only problem I have had was the crack in the bed room slide and that was fixed.And have been problem free ever since.Not to bad for a 6 year old unit huh???

I`ve done some things to it to really make it my home.Not on the level of OZZ.But I think we all can say that.Ozz is the up-grade God on here(lol)

When in camp grounds most people are very surprized that my Montana is a 2001 model.I take pride in keeping it spotless and enjoy maintaining the appearance.

I would have never thought that i would have such a nice 5er.i`am a very proud and very happy owner of my baby-aka Montana 3280
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:10 PM   #23
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Keystone took care of our Montana when we were 3 years out of warranty, I don't think I can recall any other product that I have purchased where the manufacture would have even considered doing that.

The best thing is that this great Montana we purchased brought us to this forum where we have met the nicest people.

We will be taking our Montana to Quartzsite in a few days to meet some of our friends that we have met at the rallies and we are looking forward to meeting more of our members.

Judy, thanks for starting this positive post, I agree with you that we need more of it. See you at Q.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:19 PM   #24
jsrang
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1726
Judy, what an upbeat way to start off the new year! We are going on 3 years on our Monty, fulltime, and love every minute of it. We did have a couple minor issues that the Dealer, kindly and pleasantly, took care of took. But heck, my stick house was always in need of something - and no comparison, Monty wins hands down. We get to spend our Winters in the sunny South and Summers in the mild Midwest. What more could one ask for? THANKS KEYSTONE!

Jim
jsrang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:26 PM   #25
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
I have had my Montana 14 days today, I have pulled it 200 miles and have spent 3 nights in it in very cold (for California) conditions. So far everything works. Even during the PDI (I used the 13 page PDI from related links) we didn't find anything that needed to be repaired. We really liked the dealer and everyone at the dealership that worked with us during the PDI and orientation.

I have also enjoyed this forum and the patience you all have shown in answer my many questions. I am really looking forward to actually meeting some of you at the Spring Rally at Flying Flags.

Here in the real world we have 2 acquaintances that have Montanas and as soon as they heard we were looking at 5th wheels couldn't say enough about how much they like theirs. One of these couples is on their second Montana (now a 3400RL) and they love it even more than the first one. I know that they didn't even look at another brand when they decided to replace their first Montana. I also so know that they have never taken their current Montana back for any kind of fix since they have had it.

We are feeling good about our decision to buy a Montana!
BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:29 PM   #26
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Have Montana Big Sky. Like!! Like much!! Keep.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:41 PM   #27
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Very cute, Stiles!

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:05 PM   #28
rak
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5481
We have a 2006 3500RL and we love it. We had some work done by the Keystone Service Center and were treated very well. They are great folks and do care about their customers. Our dealer replaced two windows ( large back one and one side window ) because they were loose in the frame. This was done under warranty and they also replaced the remote temp control with the CCC and boy do we love it. Just wish they could have convinced Dometic to pay for it. We only have about 2000 mile on the unit have not had any major problems. The unit pulls great, even on rough roads. We currently are on our way to south Texas.
One of the best things I did was to buy the Montana.
Dick
rak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:14 PM   #29
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
We bought our Monty in May of 2005 after almost a year of research, looking for a unit that would suit our needs for full timing.

We had a hole in the gray tank which was fixed by our dealer; our kitchen table was replaced along with a chair when we discovered they were damaged; and a couple of small water leaks that I was able to fix myself. Our half time oven works, shower doesn't leak, no frame flex, the surround sound and radio works. Hey we were even able to figure out that dreaded @#@$%^#@! thermostat.

We are extremely happy with our Montana and really glad we found this forum. I really like the fact that on this forum, every one gets along with each other. Even when we have opinions that differ and we have had some humdinger disagreements here, it's great to see how hard everyone comes together and cooler heads prevail without anyone feeling out of place.

Would we purchase another Montana, YOU BETCHA!
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:19 PM   #30
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Good thread, Judy,

Best unit we've owned over the last 29 + years of RVing.
Big Sky next.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:36 PM   #31
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Well, ya never know what's gonna happen when you're away from the farm, er, forum. We've been driving to Benson, AZ today and were delighted to see all the positive responses to this challenge. There really are happy customers out there and it must be especially refreshing to folks who are considering the purchase of a Montana. Not to mention those of us on the forum.

Keep the testimonials coming. They're great to read.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:11 PM   #32
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Okay, without a Montana there would be no MOC, and without a MOC, there would be no MOC'ers, and without MOC'ers the trip down the road would not be nearly as nice. We've been living in our 2955RL for almost 6 years and all in all it has been a good rig. Keystone fixed any problems we had under warranty no matter where we were at the time. We have been back and forth from coast to coast and I always like coming into my own little home at the end of the day.

Pam
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:31 PM   #33
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Good show Judy! I'll make it my new years resolution.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:40 PM   #34
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Well we have been 1 1/2 yrs fulltiming and we aren't bored yet. We have changed things around inside and replaced some furniture to our liking and it is more like our own space. We have had some problems but they have been taken care of. I am sure there will be more down the road, but with this MOC crew who gives good advice...what me worry?!!! We have made some wonderful friends and have learned so much. It is the MOC way to take the worry out of trips (nervous nellie here) and help us along. The Mexican train rivalries go coast to coast now!! and wonderful memories have been made. We look forward to meeting new friends and seeing old friends at the Spring Rally...
Myrna
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:15 PM   #35
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
The friends are definitely an unexpected bonus that comes with ownership of a Montana. We have met so many nice Montana owners and look forward to those we meet in the future.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:40 PM   #36
paulrem
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #299
Okay folks, here goes. We have owned three of the Monties and there was not a thing wrong with any of the ones that we traded in. We have traveled about 25,000 miles over the last two years in our 3400. Only had small problems that were taken care of when we returned. One of the problems was with tires. Had Tacoma and when we broke them down they had cracked around just above the bead, had them replaced by Keystone. Very understanding about it. Also spent last week selling Monties at the large RV show in Boise, Idaho. We took ten units and sold 6 at the show. No I am not a sales person or a company representive, I just happen to beleive in the product and that is what I tell people. I had a great time telling people about them.

Paul
paulrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:49 PM   #37
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
We are getting ready to start our 4th yr with our Monty - after the issues were taken care of we couldn't be happier. Wouldn't have anything else.

Safe travels.
Lorraine

ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:07 PM   #38
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
I bought my first new RV back in 1974 and since then I have bought 5 slide in truck campers and 5 new fifth wheels. My 05 Montana is miles ahead of anything else I have ever owned. It pulls like a dream, had 45 wonderful days in it last year and I can hardly wait to hit the road again.

Thank you Keystone and this is a great post!!!!
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:57 PM   #39
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
We bought our Monty previously enjoyed and all the little stuff was already repaired. The only big things we have learned to live with. The best thing I have learned from all of this and reading about others with problems is shopping around and finding a dealer who stands behind there product. Our dealer is reluctant to fix anything. Even right after I bought it and had it less than 2 weeks. But Keystone has said they will repair it and that makes me think I will definitely purchase another Montana in the future, but probably not from our local dealer.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:58 PM   #40
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Yipee....... Finally a thread that is a pleasure to read. And just when I thought it couldn't happen anymore.

We have traveled over 45,000 miles in our Tana in the last year anbd a half over some of the worst roads in North America and Mexico and our 3475rl just rolls along like the trooper she is. Bill takes very good care of her and if it needs any fixin he does that too.

Happy New Year everyone.

Helen

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote