Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GIRLS gone MOC > MOC Gals General Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2008, 05:23 PM   #1
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
It was a sad day but I did it anyway

My mother was ill and we had spent 6 days with her before we went back home to North Carolina. We got home at 4pm and got the call at 8pm that mom had passed. So we decided we would take the Monty with us for a place to stay since we would have a lot of family to come. After we packed the Monty and proceeded out the door George looked at me and said you want to check your driving skills? Before I could say no I was behind the wheel and pulling out the drive way. Never thought I would be driving anything that big. But I got out the neighborhood hit the maine street over to 295 and even pull into the traffic on interstste 95. George said check the traffic when clear
make your run. I did it was as smooth as a baby's bottom. Now I don't know if I will let him drive anymore. The drive gave me something else to think of. Now for the drive back. Rosetta

Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 05:31 PM   #2
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Rosetta, so sorry to hear about your mother's passing. We send our deepest condolences.

On a lighter note, congrats on the positive driving experience, and on I95 to boot!
Tammy
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 07:16 PM   #3
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
We too are sorry to hear about your mother's passing. Our thoughts & prayers are with you and your family.

Regarding driving while pulling the Montana: Good for you! It's not hard at all. Just remember to swing wide in your turns. Piece of cake.
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:01 AM   #4
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
So sorry for your loss. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Sounds like you did have a great driving experience. It won't be as hard doing it again, now.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:48 AM   #5
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
As the others have said, we are very sorry to hear of your mother's passing and you have our hugs and good thoughts.

and, on the driving:

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO, you go girl!!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:51 AM   #6
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Rosetta, Wayne and I were sorry to hear about your mother. You and your family will be in our prayers.

I'm glad you had a positive experience pulling your rig. I, too, really enjoy pulling ours. It's therapeutic, I think, because I have to focus on the road, the ride, and the other vehicles around us, as well as anticipate what might be ahead of us, etc., which makes worrying over all my real and imagined problems just disappear for a bit.

You have a wonderful MOC family for help and comfort whenever you need it. We're all thinking of you at this time.

Wayne and Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:54 AM   #7
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Rosetta, Doug and I were saddened to hear of your mother's passing. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

With regard to your towing initiation YOU ROCK!!! Pretty soon, I forsee all the woman just taking off and having a "For Women Only MOCer Rally"....NOW I see why some of our DHs were a bit nervous about the MOC Gals Forum! Give George a big "thumbs up" for not giving you the opportunity to really think about it before he got you behind the wheel!

Kindest regards and best wishes!

Robin (and Doug)
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:40 PM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Rosetta,
Very sad to hear of your lose. God be with you and your family during this time of sadness.

On the ride on 95, I'd call that "Baptism by fire!" Way to go.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 03:19 PM   #9
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
Thanks to all for your kind words, thoughts and prayers.
Carolyn it was therapertic. My mine was on the driving and the big trucks that were all over the road. Since i have now been baptised what is next? Backing up of course.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:44 PM   #10
PamM
Established Member

M.O.C. #8391
Rosetta, our prayers are with you on the loss of your mother.

Congratulations on handlng the rig! It does take your mind off other things and really boosts the self-esteem.

Pam
PamM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:05 AM   #11
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Rosetta,

We are sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family are in our prayers.

Congrats on handling the Monty.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:20 AM   #12
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Rosetta and George our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We lost my Mom a year and a half ago and she is still in our thoughts. It's funny how things happen and the first thing that pops into your mind is what Mom would have done or said in that particular situation. Both our Moms are now in a place of pease and tranquility and who knows they may be both looking down on us and saying "I just don't understand what they are thinking!" I know my Mom says that all the time now while watching out for us! God Bless and Peace be with you!

Sound like George had it all together since it was a way of taking your mind off the situation and upcoming events! Every-so-often we men come up with things that do help! You're right, the next lesson is backing! It's not as hard as people tend to make it! Just remember the direction you want the Monte rear to so is the direction you point our TV front end.

Rondo and Mary
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:15 AM   #13
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
Rosetta-Dave and I send you our thoughts and our hearts go out to you. My mom has been ill also and I know how hard that can be. Great driving-I want to try some driving myself on our way home.
Our best,
Dave and Betsy
labmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:07 PM   #14
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
Thank you all. Prayers are always welcome. Since I have a little experience under my belt we leave next week for gettysburg and I will drive the first leg of the trip. Now I really need your prayers.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:01 PM   #15
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Rosetta, Prayers coming your way! You'll do fine! I have a sneaking suspicion, in the future, your hubby will be hard pressed to get behind the wheel when you all are towing! Enjoy the experience and just remember that when you get tired, pull over and let him take over. Based on my experience from when I drove our class A you'll sleep like a baby on the days that you drive with the Monty behind you!

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 03:59 PM   #16
mike johnson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3382
Rosetta: Sorry to hear about the loss of your dear Mother. I lost my Mom recently, and not a day goes by that I don't miss her.

I, too, drive our "rig". I didn't think it was all that hard in the beginning, just bigger and longer! I swing really wide on my turns in and out of gas stations and campgrounds, while constantly checking my side mirrors. I haven't learned the backing up yet, that's on my to do list though.

Good job, you go girl!
mike johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:10 AM   #17
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Send a message via Yahoo to Snowhawk
Rosetta.. we pray your memories of your mother keep her spirit alive in your heart. We're sorry to hear you couldn't have been with her as she transitioned, but she is with you all the time now... including when you jumped behind the wheel. Wise move on George's part... kept you preoccupied on the journey back. VERY proud of you! Yes, backing is next and believe me... once you figure out the system that works best for you... you'll find that pretty easy to do too.
Snowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote