Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2004, 08:58 AM   #1
Montana_1550
Established Member

M.O.C. #1550
Dealer Vs Keystone

The Montana owners who participate in this forum seem to be a great bunch of people. For the most part, people here seem to maintain a positive attitude and a willingness to help each other work through problems. Unfortunately, the Montana owners club is a very small segment of people who own Keystone product; I hope this forum will continue to grow, problems will all be quickly resolved and that your respective dealers will go the extra mile to make your RV experience a great one.

I can easily say that I would love to have all of you as customers.

My philosophy has always been that knowledge is power so have enclosed “what I have to say to Keystone” in that section of this forum to provide a different perspective as viewed from the other side of the fence.

Montana_1550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 09:43 AM   #2
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Why thank you, I wish you were our dealer too! I was truly surprised at the way our unit looked when we picked it up after final inspection, I don't think they did anything to it, let alone clean it. Very disheartening and then when I call a week later to tell them there were a couple things wrong with it I wanted to have fixed they didn't want to do it since ours is a 2002 unit and it wasn't covered under the warranty. Ok, fine but you will not get another dollar from us. We are still young and this will NOT be the final coach we buy, but it definitely is the final one we are getting from them.
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 10:31 AM   #3
GordonR
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1801
Send a message via AIM to GordonR
RV Service Manager - I just read your “what I have to say to Keystone” note. I certainly agree that it provides a different perspective. I’ll be interested to hear if there is any response from Keystone, but I don’t expect one.

I’m also interested in how other dealer’s perspectives compare to yours. There is clearly an opportunity for Keystone to improve their quality practices. Comments scattered throughout the forum support that need. However, from a business perspective, it seems that if you’re losing money handling a product line, you drop it – and sooner rather than later. The treatment you talk about, regarding reimbursement for Keystone warranty work, is something that the end consumer doesn’t see or hear about very often. I hope things improve because it seems that you have your customer’s best interest at heart. As a complete aside, if all dealers are losing money on Keystone warranty work, maybe we should all take our warranty work to Melissa’s dealer.

Finally, you’re correct about the forum. I’ve learned more practical information here by asking questions of people who have experience with the product and the issues than I have from the manufacturer and dealer combined. The overall positive tone of the forum, owners helping owners, is one of the factors that caused me to buy my Montana.

Gordon
GordonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 10:50 AM   #4
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
DON'T DO IT! Really....

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by GordonR

As a complete aside, if all dealers are losing money on Keystone warranty work, maybe we should all take our warranty work to Melissa’s dealer.

Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 01:07 PM   #5
syplace
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1666
It is very refreshing to find a Service Mgr. or Dealer for that matter who will tell you what you need to know and not what they think you want to hear. If this product was an auto you can bet product would be better made and quality control would be there for the buyer. Keep up the good work, we need more people like you.
syplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 03:54 PM   #6
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
I think that we all have had some major and minor problems, I'm not going to say I didn't -- I did but it was taken care of in the long run, I had my share of dirty foot prints, damaged decal on one of the slides it eventually got done. I think it has a lot to do with your dealer and Keystone. Keystone NEEDS to better quality control section before they let a unit leave the factory, they are swamped with orders for new units and they are filling them, a lot of stuff I can do, but there a some owners that can't and dont have the tools or the young bodies to do the work properly. and yes it does make me angry after paying a lot of my hard earned money for something and have things go wrong with it, but I will still purchase another Keystone perduct, but I'll know what to look for next time. I will step down from the pulpet now and hand it over to the next in line.

TT2
Old 07-29-2004, 09:02 PM   #7
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Thanks for the above info. Happy rving....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote