Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2004, 09:42 AM   #1
Montana_655
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #655
Just a reminder

One more thing to check before leaving... Are your room doors secured with there snap straps? I can tell you what happens when they aren't.. I found my bedroom door had taken the end molding with it when it kept going and flew off the track. No major damage but a bit of a shock to see the door wedged between the bed and the wall.

Montana_655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 03:03 AM   #2
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Glad there was no major damage, just one more to add to my list of what to check. Thanks
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 04:06 AM   #3
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
I have put an extra strap on my door between the kitchen and bath.It slides but didnt come loose, it was rollin back and forth in the wall and broke the stop inside the wall and fell off inside the wall had to remove the wall in the toilet area and repair the frame, it was only stapled no glue, remade with screws and const. glue and now I make sure it is not slideing in the wall when I move.
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 07:29 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Gvons, I'm not sure if yours is set up like ours. Ours has the double sliding door between bath and bedroom. It has the strap but also has a positive vertical sliding locking mechanism at the back corner, bedroom side. Does yours not have that?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 09:07 AM   #5
Karl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #522
My solution was the same as several others... ...I took the bedroom sliding doors out completely. It gives added room for making the bed as well as those frequent trips from the bed to the potty at night. If we really need the extra privacy (what for at our age??), we can put in a lightweight shower curtain.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 12:47 PM   #6
Montana_1683
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1683
I had a problem with the door from the living area to the bath area always breaking the snap loose when traveling. I simply bought a tension spring curtain rod to place between the end of the door and the opposing door jamb. So far this has kept the door from moving while traveling. Never had the problem for the bedroom to bath door breaking loose the snap.

Gary
Montana_1683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 01:00 PM   #7
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Thanks much. I will keep this in mind for the future.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 06:04 PM   #8
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Gvons, I'm not sure if yours is set up like ours. Ours has the double sliding door between bath and bedroom. It has the strap but also has a positive vertical sliding locking mechanism at the back corner, bedroom side. Does yours not have that?
Steve, our 2955 has the two doors separating the bath and bedroom and the vertical lock as yours. At the bottom of the doors are two plastic "guides" which are to hold the doors in place. Have you had a problem withe guides continually coming loose? If so how did you solve the problem. Thanks, Weldon
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 03:28 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Weldon, we've had no problems with those guides at all. Vicki's asleep so I can't go up and look - are they held in by screws? Are those coming loose? I've not had to do anything at all to those doors nor the guides.
Old 07-15-2004, 06:22 AM   #10
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
[quote]Originally posted by sreigle

Weldon, we've had no problems with those guides at all. Vicki's asleep so I can't go up and look - are they held in by screws? Are those coming loose? I've not had to do anything at all to those doors nor the guides.
[/qu

Steve, they are made of plastic and each one has two arms that slide in to small plastic receptacles. Yes they come loose quite often, no screws. I think they are supposed to be held together by friction. May have to use a adhesive where the arms are connected.
Thanks!
Old 07-15-2004, 04:16 PM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Weldon, I see what you mean. I never noticed them before. The one attached to the wall is good and tight. The one attached to the first door that the second door guides in is quite loose. It's still attached but is loose. Guess I'll have to pull the door out of it and tighten it up. Afte 2 years including 16 mos. fulltiming I'm surprised it hasn't fallen off yet.

Maybe when I take it apart I'll see the plastic receptacles. Mine look just to be screwed into the door. I can see a screw head on that one.
Old 07-15-2004, 05:28 PM   #12
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
Steve, Regarding the guides for the doors...the peice that has the receptacle for the arms does appear to have screws to hold it in place.

By the way , what did you find out about the noise coming from your brakes? Thanks!
Old 07-16-2004, 05:31 PM   #13
Montana_738
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #738
Hi everyone,

If someone has a check list to use before you start a trip why don't you post it?

I know I sure would appreciate it. Maybe we could start a list that everyone could add to?

Thanks,

Bill & rita
Montana_738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 06:04 PM   #14
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
At this hour my brain is pretty shot. But I seem to recall that we actually talked about this not too far back. If you hit the search engine you should be able to find it.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 03:20 AM   #15
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Here is the message you are looking for.....

http://www.forumco.com/montanaadmini...?TOPIC_ID=5173

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by accuprep

Hi everyone,

If someone has a check list to use before you start a trip why don't you post it?

I know I sure would appreciate it. Maybe we could start a list that everyone could add to?

Thanks,

Bill & rita
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 04:19 AM   #16
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Weldon, I see what you mean. I never noticed them before. The one attached to the wall is good and tight. The one attached to the first door that the second door guides in is quite loose. It's still attached but is loose. Guess I'll have to pull the door out of it and tighten it up. Afte 2 years including 16 mos. fulltiming I'm surprised it hasn't fallen off yet.

Maybe when I take it apart I'll see the plastic receptacles. Mine look just to be screwed into the door. I can see a screw head on that one.

Steve, The sliding door guide is a pain I have to tighten it all the time, and then it will come loose after a little while. I was wondering if there is a glue that would hold it in place.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote