Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2006, 01:48 PM   #1
rak
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5481
WOW!!!!!!

I do not know what chemicals are in the fabric softner sheets but it sure does take bugs off the nose cap. It only took about 5 minutes to get 1500 miles of bugs off. I then tried it on the front of DW's car which had a whole summer of bugs and they came off in less that 10 minutes. Thanks for turning me on to this produce for takeing bugs off.
Dick

rak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 02:15 PM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Hey Dick helping one and other is what this family is all about.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:03 PM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
I tried it myself and WOW!! is right.

It takes a forum like the MOC to connect a standard household product to cure a such a bothersome problem! I won't even tell you what I tried before hearing of the dryer sheets.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 06:57 PM   #4
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
Dryer sheets! Are you kidding me?! I am on my way out to the washer and dryer....I've got to try this on our cars..THANKS!
PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:58 AM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Dryer sheets also take off the water spots on the glass shower door. Just rinse good and dry. Be sure to rinse the floor good after doing this little job as the floor will be a little slick.
Happy trails.........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:41 PM   #6
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
They'll also keep the critters out of any holes in which you place them. This winter I plan to put them all around the rig in the bottom. Been using them on boats for years...keeps the wasps/mud daubers out.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:52 PM   #7
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Another WOW!!!,

I didn't know that either CAT! Might throw one up behind your pin box. I pulled the front nose down and it was full of mud daubers that get in through the pin box opening.

I'm tellin ya, this stuff has more uses than Windex in "My Greek Wedding".

Brad
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:27 PM   #8
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rak

I do not know what chemicals are in the fabric softner sheets but it sure does take bugs off the nose cap. It only took about 5 minutes to get 1500 miles of bugs off. I then tried it on the front of DW's car which had a whole summer of bugs and they came off in less that 10 minutes. Thanks for turning me on to this produce for takeing bugs off.
Dick
I know the dryer softener sheets keep the mice away, but now will try it on bugs. Thanks for the advice.
Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 07:41 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Use the dryer sheets wet. That seems to work best. But rinse it off afterwards to remove any film. If the film dries, then you may need a brush with the water to get the film off. I've used it on the chrome and hood of the truck to get bugs off, too. I learned that one from Ademoll. It works great.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 12:17 PM   #10
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
dRYER SHEETS AS WITH ALL SOFTNERS REPLACE THE OILS IN THE FABRICS THAT IS LOST WHEN WASHING WITH DETERGENTS OR SOAPS. By replacing tghe oiils, it gives the fabric a temporary f;luffy feeling and helps prevent premature wear of the fabric caused by the fabric rubbing against itself. Another chemical is softner is and agent that relaxes adhesion and removes static ( This is the part that wipes out the bugs on the cap). LOVE IT!!! Only took me ten minutes to do the entire cap, be sure to rinse really well, or you will start noiticing some yellowing. Takes a while but it willyellow.
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote