Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2005, 05:32 AM   #1
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Victoria Palms, Donna, Texas

We are sad to report that Victoria Palms, Donna, Texas seems to be contemplating changing their acceptance rules on dogs in the park. They are contemplating going to a rule of 1 dog per unit. They could not tell us WHEN this rule would go into effect.

We stayed at Victoria Palms last year and fell in love with the park. We are at a sister park this year, Llano Grande, and for us, read that again, FOR US, there is no comparison. Except, of course, there has been no mention of limiting the number of dogs, YET, at Llano Grande. Seeing that they are owned by the same man, I can see the handwriting on the wall???

We are very depressed to see this development, more than we can express.

But, if they don't want our $$ and our dogs, we will have to find another place to stay. Maybe someone else does want our $$.

We know all the arguments of why the changes, barking, people not cleaning up after their pets, all that stuff, and, yep, we surely understand. That does not mask our disappointment tho.

Carol

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 01:07 PM   #2
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Hey Carol - Glad to read that you and Al were able to escape the Michigan winter!! Have been on the road since mid December with very limited computer acess and at present in Albuquerque digging ourselves out of four inches of snow that fell yesterday. Here we thought we were going to escape that dreaded white stuff!! Most snow they have seen here in over five years! Anyways, we stayed at Victoria Palms the month of January. Loved the Texas valley and the balmy weather. Did not hear anything about limiting the number of pets. Did hear that the rates will probably increase next year. So how was Llano Grande? How does the park compare to Victoria Palms? Any particular reason you made the change?
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 02:11 PM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Hi Vic,

We came looking for you and Ron, only to find you had left Donna on February 1st. We tried to get into Victoria, but they were booked solid by the time we finally wiggled our way to Texas, wounded and sick, oh, what fun we had! (NOT! )

Anyway, we came looking for you and stopped by the front desk, asked about moving from Llano Grande over to Victoria Palms. I like Victoria better, Al likes it here (yes, we are still here, till April 1st) cause the billiard tables are so much better here. The gal working the desk at Victoria made a lot of faces and body language, that leads us to believe she is NOT a dog lover to begin with. I know 4 of them is a lot, but they are SMALL, for cripes sake!

Anyway, the gal at the desk told us they were probably gonna have a one dog per unit rule after this year. We did not move, we were turned off by this gal's attitude. I have since heard that there are new managers over there this year, and some of the other residents are upset about a few things too. I guess it is hard to keep managers??? But, that is another entire forum, and not a discussion I care to start up.

I was sick at heart about it, I really liked it at Victoria, and as nice as Llano Grande is, Victoria suited me better, go figure. HAHA! One thing that I do like here at Llano Grande is that it is very quite, it is about 2 miles off the expressway, at the end of a dead end road. Yep, quiet! We are paying the same as what we would pay over at Victoria, and truthfully, we are not getting the same service. No instant phone. Same cable and cable internet (which by the way is working a LOT better than it did last year!) Two small pools here, not that nice big one like at Victoria. The facitlites at Victoria are much nicer, although they are trying here. They do have a new wood shop here, supposed to be the bestest in the valley.

Prices will be going up everywhere here in the Valley I would guess. That would not surprise me in the least. Since the 4 hurricanes last year in Florida, a lot of the parks here were much busier, and I am sure they will take this opportunity to raise the rates, once again.

We have made arrangements to go to another park in the valley next year, we made reservations starting January 1st thru to April 1st. I have cleared the dog situation with the current manager. Hope she is there next year! SIGH.

So, you gonna come back to the Valley next year???

Carol
Old 03-16-2005, 09:57 AM   #4
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Carol - sent you PM.
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 10:55 PM   #5
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
Carol, I am glad that you have found another park in the valley which will accept your dollars and dogs. Which one did you find? John and I drove around quite a few while we were down there to see if we could find one closer in then Edinburg. We left the valley much to soon, as both of us got sick when we arrived in Oklahoma. We are on the mend now and headed back to Ga. to have the axles replaced. We want to wish you and Al safe travels when you leave on April lst.and look forward to seeing you on the road.
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 02:45 AM   #6
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
John and Marge: Carol and Al probably shared their germs with you at the get-together.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 06:42 AM   #7
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
John and Marge,

So sorry you got sick, that was one nasty bug we all had. That was why I stayed away from everyone as long as we could and I did not invite you into our rig the day you stopped by. SIGH, maybe I did not stay far enough??

Hope you are feeling better now, and take care on that ride back to Georgia.

Hope to see you soon on the road somewhere, and maybe next year here in the Valley again!

Carol