Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2006, 03:56 AM   #1
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Owners Manual....Effects of Prolonged Occupancy

I just happened to notice when looking for Keystone's Customer Service number that they have posted links to the Owners manual. One of interesting subjects is "Effects of Prolong Occupancy". Should be an interesting read.

http://www.keystonerv.com/service.php

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:51 AM   #2
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Very interesting Judy. It is just common sense and still covers their butt.
Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:02 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I agree with covering their butt. As this world becomes more and more "let's sue the b**t**d" the more of this CYA legalese we are going to see.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:52 AM   #4
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
It probably is CYA, but there is a lot of good info there, common sense and some camping experience too. Good reading.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:17 PM   #5
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
A lot of "Good to know" stuff, for sure. It is a "Cover your Butt" publication, but it is my personal feeling in talking to Montana staff/dealers/MOCers these past 12 months, that everything possible is done (although, arguably not perfect) to accomodate the "Long Timer/Full Timer's" needs, as far as durability and being prepared to stand behind anything unusual that does indeed happen to a "known" FT unit.

I have been on this forum for almost a year, and I have not heard ONE instance of warranty work being denied on a Montana because it was "shockingly" discovered that the owners apparently did not have stick house somewhere to sleep in occassionally. Although I have heard a whole raft of OTHER stupid excuses for denying warranty work - starting with, "Did you buy it here???", then getting more ridiculous from there - but never, "Sorry, we have irrefutable proof that you have violated Keystone's stated policy against occupying this unit full time, therefore Keystone is officially denying this claim."

Maybe there has been a Montana incident. I just recall reading about one...

I find it curious that Keystone announces very clearly right up front in bold letters that this unit is not designed for extended occupancy, or cold weather use - then they spend two full pages telling you what to do, or watch for, if you DO use it for extended use, or during very cold weather... As I said - "curious"...

*On Edit~
OK... wasn't going to add this, but just felt the need. Before someone points this out... I realize that the precautions listed on these two pages of the Montana manual is info that ALL owners would find helpful - even those of us who are using our Montys "correctly" with "occassional, recreational use".

However, my specific thought/feeling is that Montana is REALLY trying to assist the LTer/FTer here with this info. JMHO.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:00 PM   #6
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
And I am the first one to agree with you Dsprik. I have nothing but good to say about them. And I make sure I tell all those that spent $100,000 and up exactly why.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:01 AM   #7
Leaseit
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5356
The Keystone statement regarding Prolonged Occupancy. The key word is "MOLD" in the statement and cautions on how to protect from having. It is the biggest legal problem the last 5 years and a litigation attorney's delight. I suspect Keystones doing a CYA before someone delivers a Subpoena about breathing problems caused by mold and not being warned about it or how to prevent it.
Leaseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 06:38 AM   #8
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
The effects of prolonged occupancy are extreme happiness!!
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:32 PM   #9
Ironman
Established Member

M.O.C. #1703
Send a message via AIM to Ironman Send a message via Yahoo to Ironman
I was just wondering about a Keystone Montana Owners Manual - are there still such things?? We were told by our dealer when we purchased this new 2006 model that Keystone no longer has an actual owner manual to go along with the RV. Has anyone gotten a manual for the Model 3000?
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:43 PM   #10
Montana_4837
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4837
Check the link that Judy put in her first post. I think you will find a copy of the owners manual on that link.
Montana_4837 is offline   Reply With Quote