Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2016, 04:00 PM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
3 wks in the brace so far

Almost 4 weeks now. Haven't had to take any pain meds for a couple days now but still have to use the Flexeril as the shoulder muscles are still rebelling from the abuse the Dr put them through. I am supposed to take 2 ten minute walks a day and lift nothing over 10 lbs. Which limits me to reading books and watching TV. I also have a huge collection of MP3 book files. This is prime planting season and we went to Eagle river to get our flats of marigolds, snap dragons, and tiny pansys. Also we plant lots of herbs, rosemary, various mints, basil, thyme. We also like to have a large lavender pot. This year we are dumping all the old dirt and starting over with new so that is a bit more work. My friend John comes over to help with the heavy lifting and Betsy and I do the planting. So I have a little to do but have to rest between pots..

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 06:00 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Glad things are going well for you! Sounds like it's going to be a beautiful garden and it's good you have someone to help.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 03:42 AM   #3
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Just think of how much vigor you will put into the next monte project. Heal well. John
Old 05-25-2016, 09:08 AM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Good to hear you are doing well. Don't get to thinking you can do more than you should and end up with a do over.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 11:49 AM   #5
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
Glad to hear you are healing. At least you are able to do a little. It is progress. Just do not over do it. Take care.
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 04:45 PM   #6
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Good to hear you're improving and you are able to get around a little bit and being able to do a few things. Just remember what happened last time you had the knee worked on. DO NOT TRY ANYTHING LIKE THAT THIS TIME! We need you up and around and in good spirits so we can race with the remote control pickups we have! LOL
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 04:46 PM   #7
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Thanks Ron, I will take your advise. I am mostly off the Opioids at this point and will only take them if I take a fall or hit a huge road bump. The roads are just now leveling out from the winter heaving as well as a huge quantity of chuck holes. We hit one the other day that rocked the truck from side to side and that hurt like hell on the lower left side of my neck. So I now sit upright and never put my head against the head rest as any bumps transmit right into my neck from there. I just use my body as a gimble and shock absorber..
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 01:51 AM   #8
tim43
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9178
Having been through the same type surgery and subsequent braces and lifting restrictions, be very careful lifting after restrictions are lifted. I tore the right shoulder and arm muscles up using a ten pound blower after the restrictions we lifted due to muscle atrophy. Cost me six weeks of shoulder and arm rehab after that.
tim43 is offline   Reply With Quote