Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2010, 02:47 AM   #1
cehcplh1

M.O.C. #9339
Ants

Does anyone know how to get rid of those miniture ants for good?

cehcplh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:34 AM   #2
camper4
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6635
Depends on where you have them but you will get the idea.
We had little things in out kitchen slide. I pulled out all drawers, pulled out the stove, pulled off the panel under the refridge., cleaned out the pantry. I then sprayed "home defense", by Ortho, all around the edges and corners of the exposed surfaces. Then I sprayed around the outside of the slide. Within a day, no more ants.
Prior to that I tried ant traps/poison and Raid bug killer for weeks. That did not work.
"Home Defense" can be found in Walmart, Lowes, and other like stores. It kills bugs for up to 6 months. Once dry it is safe indoors or out. I've used it for years to keep carpenter ants out of my house. The best stuff I have found.
camper4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:37 AM   #3
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Also spray around any surface that contacts the ground. Spray the front landing gear legs, tires and rear stabilizers
Don't forget the water hose, electrical cord and sewer hose. These items should then be rinsed off before storing away.
This is a monthly ritual while wintering in Florida and most long term camping. Never hurt to do it on weekends too!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:57 PM   #4
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Dryer sheets chase ants away as we use them in the montana and the house in FL.any brand but use plenty of them on top of the upper cabinets and slides and at nite on the floor or under the cabinets . i have no idea why but it works;;sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote