Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2007, 04:47 PM   #1
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
3000RK Washing Machine Location

I have a 330RKBS Travel Trailer which is the same floor plan as the 3000RK 5th wheel. I want to install a flat screen TV where the current TV is located. I want to tear out the stereo from its location and relocate it above where the flat screen can be located. Has anyone done this before? Would you recommend trying this(I am no Ozz) or having the dealer install the unit. I know I don't have enough room for a stackable so it’s going to have to be the splendid combo unit.

Anyone been there done that have 2 cents worth?

Thanks
Phil

Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:42 PM   #2
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Sorry Okie, ain't been there, ain't done that. Are you wanting to put the W/D combo under the television? Our 3000RK has a W/D compartment next to the bedroom closet, maybe the RKBS doesn't??
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:48 PM   #3
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Lonnie you are one of the lucky ones. My unit is a year too old for the w/d cabinet. In my unit ther is a the big space where the old style television is located. If I take out the tv and the stereo below it I think I can fit a w/d combo in this space. This would be the prime location because of the holding tanks. I also wouldn't have to run a couple miles of pipe to plumb the machine. The goal is to be able to open the machine in the water closet so I could insulate around the machine to keep the noise level down in the living area.
I think someone else put one of these things in their unit but I have looked at so many modifications I can't keep them all straight.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:03 PM   #4
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
This is the link you're looking for I believe, but it seems to be down right now.

http://www.geocities.com/fulltimedre...d_tv_inst.html
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:32 PM   #5
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Okie,

I have done exactly what you describe. The link in Ozzie's post should take you to my website. Looks like I've had a lot of traffic lately and exceeded my bandwidth limits. I guess when its free you get what you pay for . I'll try to get a couple of pictures in my photbucket so that I can show a link.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:49 PM   #6
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
bingo! This is exactly what I was looking for. I thoguht someone else had made this upgrade. My comode is on the opposite wall in the water closet but everything else looks compatable. Did you have anyone give you an estimate before you installed your unit? I don't think I want to start cutting into any tanks...chicken here.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:11 PM   #7
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Here are a few photos of the W/D installation in the entertainment area. The 1st photo is with the CRT TV and cabinetry removed. The 2nd photo is the frame to support the W/D. The 3rd photo is the back of the W/D installed. The 4th photo is the face of the W/D in the bathroom and the 5th photo is the LCD TV, Sony DVD Surround installed.

Hope this is helpful.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:19 PM   #8
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Okie Guy

bingo! This is exactly what I was looking for. I thoguht someone else had made this upgrade. My comode is on the opposite wall in the water closet but everything else looks compatable. Did you have anyone give you an estimate before you installed your unit? I don't think I want to start cutting into any tanks...chicken here.
I did not get any quotes to do mine, as I did it myself. I did not do any modification on the tanks. I had access to the water and drain lines via the cabinet in the bathroom. I installed a laundry connection box inside the old entertainment cabinet with the W/D. I used "T" and "Y" connectors on the drain and water lines. PEX connectors are available at your local RV repair center. The PVC is available at your local plumbing supply.