Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2005, 01:37 PM   #1
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Roolers at rear of frame

I have had no issues with clearance but I anticipate at some point it will come into play. Camping World and other dealers have large rollers and wheels designed to go on travel trailers, 5ths and MH's. Has anyone installed them and is there any reason not to install them.

RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 01:55 PM   #2
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
I would check with Montana about rollers. I don't think the frame was designed for the potential stresses... not to mention that Montana has stated that adding a hitch to the rear of a 5er will void yourt warranty. I don't know if the same holds true for tow-behinds.

Also, I remember a couple of threads on rollers on the forums, if you do a search (from the search feature on the top of the page) you may find some info. My connection is iffy right now otherwise I would look for the threads that I remember seing.

Fred
FredG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 04:48 PM   #3
cargary
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1150
FredG:
I wanted to install a receiver on our Montana and was told to call Keystone and ask what their policy was regarding this item. Keystone referred me to call Lippert, the frame maker for Keystone. I spoke to a fellow and asked him that question, would installing a receiver to carry bicycles on the Montana cause the warranty to be voided. He told me no. The only way that would happen would be if by installing the receiver and in using it caused stuctural damage on the Montana, then Keystone would not stand behind the damage. So I went and had a receiver installed and have been happy with it since. Just wanted to share this with you and others that might want to do the same thing.
Gary & Carole
cargary is offline   Reply With Quote