Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2005, 04:57 AM   #1
Gene Chaltry
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #735
2 weeks into fulltiming

Well, only two weeks into fulltiming on our maiden voyage. Didn't run into to many problems. A leak under the shower, The finish on the kitchen table is coming off, the microwave door won't latch so can't use it. Have to bungy it closed. Also the table top rocks. The day shade by the table is ripping, The hot water heater on electric makes all kind of noise so am running on gas. Everything else seems to be ok. Running the furnace alot so I know that works. Have an appointment on May 16th at the dealer to get these fixed.

Does anybody know how to get inside the Fireplace? There are fingerprints on the inside of the glass and I can't figure out how to get inside to clean it. Thanks for any information.

Gene Chaltry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 05:04 AM   #2
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
Gene,
You and I must of had the same person installing the plumbing into the shower on our 3400RL.
On our madian trip a couple of weeks ago we took our small dog, Moose with us,he is a 188 pound Newfoundland.
We thought he was slopping his water onto the floor by the cabinets, but hen we picked it up and dryed the floor and it returned.
I took off the panel in the basement and found the water running down the cold water pipe from the shower.
Took the panel off at the bottom of the shower base and the hose leading to the cold water side of the faucet was loose and leaking, so I tighten both of them up.
Stopped the leak.
Good luck with the other items.
carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 05:27 PM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Gene,
I checked this out when we were thinking about taking the fireplace out so we could take the TV out so we could replace the speakers above the TV. (We decided to leave the speakers there). There are four woos plugs which you have to take off and there are screws under that. There may be more but that was all I found and since we didn't take it out, I'm not sure if there are more.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 07:35 PM   #4
Montana_2953
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2953
Your Montana must have been one of the ones on the assembly line that got put together by the 122 people who were fired for drugs! BUMMER
Montana_2953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 07:37 PM   #5
Montana_2953
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2953
I sure hope that ours isn't the one that was in front or behind yours. We are going out this weekend for our test drive.
Montana_2953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 03:25 AM   #6
RADHAZJOE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3149
Picked up Monty on Monday, 25th. Set up on an Army Base, Fort Story. Very narrow old campsite and it was fun backing Monty in. So far not problems but can't put the TV antenna up. Big limbs right over it. Video/Audio systems very complicated but we are figuring them out. We left the bathroom fan and fantastic fan on while we were gone. Two downpours and only found a fes drops on the kitchen counter. Stove and Reefer work fine.

The dealer tech encased the brake cables in flex conduit and tied them up. They were rubbing on the leaf springs.

House is on the Market and lots on interest. Next week to Williamsburg/Cheatam Annex, a Navy logistics base until the 10th. Then back to Fort Story until house is gone. Just getting Monty outfitted right now. Dealer is replacing dinette slide awning (big tears) and installing washer/dryer late May.

So far, our love affair is continuing. Selling the house, after 18 years of accumulating TRASH has been difficult but moving forward.
RADHAZJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 03:48 AM   #7
Gene Chaltry
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #735
Parrothead, Saw the plugs but they are recessed in. I thought that it would ruin the plugs or the finish trying to get them out. Looks like I won't have any choice.

Carlson, The leak is on the fitting. Can't tighten it up, it seems to be slowing down.

Forgot to say that the dealer replaced the bathroom faucet before I picked up Monty in March. He cross threaded the fittings on both the hot and cold water. Boy, what a mess. Water running everywhere even out the basement door. I'll have to watch him like a hawk.
Gene Chaltry is offline   Reply With Quote