Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2007, 06:03 PM   #1
RCMP03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7063
It's Parked Out Front!

Hello Everyone,

I am happy to announce that we took delivery of our 2007 3075RL Monty yesterday (4 hour PDI) and spent the whole day today playing with all the appliances and gizmos to be sure everything is working for our trip next weekend. This is our first 5th wheel and can't believe how easy it is to hook up!

Other then a few minor details listed on our punch list, the coach is absolutely beautiful! I can't believe all the space it has inside. Although, we are a bit concerned about the space int he basement, I'm sure we will figure out ways to organize. We will be getting the slide out tray installed (was included in the price), but am wondering if it is going to decrease our space. Anyone have any thoughts or tipson this?

We got the satellite all hooked up to the livingroom TV, but I guess we will need a video switch for the bedroom. We will cross that bridge later as it isn't all that critical as we rarely watch TV in the bedroom. We are technology challanged.

It came with a vacuum system, but I don't think I like it as much as my trusty Eureka upright. Anyone like their vacuum system?

In our previous post, we asked about the 50amp to 30amp. Our starter kit came with a 50 to 30 and a 30 to 20 (so we can connect to our house circuit). We had a 30 amp shore cord from the previous trailer we had, so I think we are set! Think we will purchase a voltage meter though as some had suggested.

Well, going to call it a night here, I am exhausted from all that fun! Can't wait until next weekend!

Happy Rving!
Sue & Harv

RCMP03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:34 PM   #2
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Congrats! You will learn to love your central vac. Most of us do. We have the sliding tray and we wouldn't be without it. Cheryl has her laundry "stuff" on her side, I have my tools on the other end. Works great!
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:15 AM   #3
Sunnyside
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6859
Congratulations May you have many great memories in your new home away from home.
Sunnyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:19 AM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Great!! I know you are having fun. Enjoy!!
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:23 AM   #5
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Congratulations and we hope you have many happy times in it.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:30 AM   #6
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Congratulations Sue and Harv - what fun!

As Dave said, you'll learn to love that central vac. Our upright is no longer carried on the rig.

No need for a video switch for satellite. I'm assuming you removed the jumper from the coax connections in your living room and connected to one of the coax connections to get the outside antenna signal to your reciever. Just connect another coax between the output on your reciever and the remaining coax connection at the jumper location, and signal goes to your bedroom TV.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:44 AM   #7
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Congrats and have wonderful time
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:07 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations, Sue and Harv!

We also have the central vac. I'm the vacuum-er in this family and I really like the central vac far better than the upright and others we tried. You might want to get a vacuum operated beater bar for it, however. That makes a big difference.

Sliding tray. We did not get that because I had space concerns. After seeing a couple of them in action, I am kicking myself for not getting it. Yes, it takes up a little room. But you can get to those things in the middle far more easily. Instead, I'm using a piece of plywood with those furniture glide things (pack of 16 for ten bucks or something like that) to allow it to slide back and forth. (One of Vicki's great ideas). But I'd rather have the real thing.

The voltage meter is worthwhile. We have the cheapie from Walmart that someone else suggested to you. It works fine.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 01:28 PM   #9
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Congrats, Sue and Harv. Now the real fun begins. Enjoy!
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote