Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2007, 03:42 PM   #1
pud2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4142
BIG SKY

Well i got my first look at Big Sky yesterday. It was nice and this is some of the things that caught my eye.Love the new 32" HDTV THAT IS NICE. ALSO HAS NEW TYPE CD/DVD but i forgot the name. The front surround soeakers are mounted on top of t.v. instead of ceiling. I contacted keystone and was told that they started doing this on second unit built this is how mine are. The new sleeper sofa air mattress was nice i could see were it would be confy. The ceiling lights are recessed in ceiling and not surface mounted. Don't know how much light they will put out. Love the new side by side refer. it is huge and would be nice to have for fulltiming. Did not like the fact the window was not at stove but that was because of big refer. Liked the pull out sprayer that will reach the stove. Like the shower except the glass encloser was a little short for me. My head would stick up about 3-4" above but i am 6'3". I was told from keystone the garden tub was same marble as shower and they are sending pics. and it should make the glass a little taller. Like the window in the water closet. Keystone told me that as of last week they are putting in deluxe pillow top mattress instead of standerd type. Did not like the fact ther was no elect. outlet on both sides of bed. The ceiling heightin bedroom seem to be a little shorter than mine.Like the ceder lined closet. The exterior was not much diff. except the o.s. outlet is under the awning instead of on the slideroom and there is one in basement and t.v. connection. Comes standerd with both mor-ryde suspension and hitch and power awning. All in all it was a nice unit but don't know if the few extras are worth the BIG PRICE DIFF. My wife loves the unit and wanted the 3400 floor plan when we bought ours but did't have enough truck at time.But WHO KNOWS WHAT'S AHEAD. Maybe just 3400rl. Well thats my thoughts and 2 cents worth.

pud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:59 PM   #2
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
Congratulations Pud, Sounds like a great unit. Now, go have fun.

God Bless and safe travels.
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:23 PM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Thorough looky loo Pud! Price needs to settle down a bit once production gets going. Nothin wrong with that 3400 either . If I was fulltiming, I probably would have held out for the Big Sky, but as a part timer, even the 3400 is a little ostentatious .
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:44 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We will be touring the big sky plant and examining it close up Monday.Since we have a late 06 3400 we should be able to make a good comparison.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:41 AM   #5
kwolff7
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6687
Interesting information.

Rich, When you are touring the plant see if you can find out if mine is being built yet, and I sure would like to have one of those deluxe pillowtop mattresses put in my unit since you all have been talking about how uncomfortable the beds are. I am sure it would be hard to find a bed to suit everyone so maybe that is why they just put in a basic unit. But a pillowtop would probably be just fine with us since that is what we currently sleep on.

I think as time goes on they may put more and more things in the Big Sky especially if buyers can't perceive that there is additional value in the 340 RLQ vs. the 3400.

Thanks, Karen
kwolff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:21 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Karen...We will do our best to find out???
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote